Page 160 of 248 FirstFirst ... 60110150158159160161162170210 ... LastLast
Results 2,386 to 2,400 of 3707
    Downloads
    Uploads

Deals and Hard To Find Items

Slick pistol storage system. Now 25% off with SUMMER25.

https://madhousedesign.com/gun-control-system/

Coupon works sitewide. Check out their bench rest too.

Downloads
    Uploads

Deals and Hard To Find Items

Ballistic Advantage Grendel barrels and bolts just dropped.

http://ballisticadvantage.com/ar-par...rels/65grendel

The current 20% off sale does not include the Grendel.
    Last edited by fledge; 26 May 2017 at 10:56.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Elzetta has 20% off and free shipping over $99 with code REMEMBER.

www.elzetta.com

Downloads
    Uploads
    DEUTERONOMY 6:5
    flickr
    facebook
    The gift of mental power comes from God, Divine Being, and if we concentrate our minds on that truth, we become in tune with this great power - Nikola Telsa

Downloads
    Uploads
    Colt 20's arrived from botach today.
    For every Southern boy fourteen years old, not once but whenever he wants it, there is the instant when it’s still not yet two o'clock on that July afternoon in 1863...

William Faulkner, Intruder in the Dust 1948

Downloads
    Uploads
    Free shipping on rainier arms ammo with code =AMMO

https://www.rainierarms.com/ammuniti...t=New+Products

Downloads
    Uploads

Downloads
    Uploads
    Tyrant MOD foregrips $63 on DVOR

http://www.dvor.com/tyrant-designs-a...-foregrip.html
    Tyrant Designs AR 10/15 MOD ForeGrip, Black TD-308-MK

Downloads
    Uploads
    Billet lowers for as low as $33.95.

https://www.aimsurplus.com/product.a...=F1NB223B100LR
    DEUTERONOMY 6:5
    flickr
    facebook
    The gift of mental power comes from God, Divine Being, and if we concentrate our minds on that truth, we become in tune with this great power - Nikola Telsa

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by GOST View Post
    Billet lowers for as low as $33.95.

https://www.aimsurplus.com/product.a...=F1NB223B100LR
    I've been skeptical about these at that sort of price point ... I wonder what the tolerances and precision of the machining is on those.

But who knows. Maybe this is the Andersons of billet.
    Find my photos on: Flickr, Facebook, Instagram

Downloads
    Uploads
    Not a bad deal. Sign of the times.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Thompson View Post
    I've been skeptical about these at that sort of price point ... I wonder what the tolerances and precision of the machining is on those.

But who knows. Maybe this is the Andersons of billet.
    Since paractically all manufacturing, as far as machining goes is done by CNC machines which if maintained and set-up properly will hold tolerances so tight, they can't be appreciated, once they are out doors, and temps aren't held to an artificial 72 degrees, or whatever the buyer spec's the tolerances they want.

I think what causes doubts with these prices, is the fact that many mfg's have been raping people for years, that old "whatever the market will bear"
    pricing scheme. And folks like us would fork out $400 for a lower because it had the right logo that "all the cool kids have", when all along they've been shoving these costs down our throats like Kool-Aid. My lowers are all over the place, but one of mine is built on an Anderson lower, and spec for spec, I'd put it up against any other non-billet lower. Fit and finish are excellent, and it's one of my sweetest AR's. Contrary to popular belief, it didn't self destruct in 200 rounds.

My point is, I think some folks are so caught up in having the "right" lower, and the cool logo, that they've missed the fact that they've been paying "market will bear" vs. a decent price, feeling the lower price equals low quality. In all actuality, two different mfg's are probably using the same brand CNC machines and tooling. If it's some guy working out of his garage trying to do very small batches, that's another story. He probably doesn't run enough parts to even do a decent Quality/SPC program.

Just a thought.

FT
    NRA Life Member
    Basket full of Deplorables Life Member

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Stickman View Post
    Not a bad deal. Sign of the times.
    Indeed. It's gonna be one hell of a summer for builders.

Quote Originally Posted by FortTom View Post
    I think what causes doubts with these prices, is the fact that many mfg's have been raping people for years, that old "whatever the market will bear"
    pricing scheme. And folks like us would fork out $400 for a lower because it had the right logo that "all the cool kids have", when all along they've been shoving these costs down our throats like Kool-Aid. My lowers are all over the place, but one of mine is built on an Anderson lower, and spec for spec, I'd put it up against any other non-billet lower. Fit and finish are excellent, and it's one of my sweetest AR's. Contrary to popular belief, it didn't self destruct in 200 rounds.

My point is, I think some folks are so caught up in having the "right" lower, and the cool logo, that they've missed the fact that they've been paying "market will bear" vs. a decent price, feeling the lower price equals low quality. In all actuality, two different mfg's are probably using the same brand CNC machines and tooling.
    For sure. 100% agree with you. I've had this same conversation (more or less) with some people about this too ... one could probably wonder the same regarding suppressors.

In any case - they must be producing these in massive quantities to be able to get prices that that low -- and still turn a profit. Heck, cheapest I can get a billet lower at work is just south of $100.

EDIT: Actually - taking a closer look at the Noreen lower again - there are definitely noticeable differences between this and most others out there. Whoever designed it, did so in a manner that makes it very easy to machine, using as few tools as possible (therefore, what I suspect, leading to decreased production time per unit).
    Last edited by Thompson; 5 June 2017 at 17:56.
    Find my photos on: Flickr, Facebook, Instagram

Downloads
    Uploads
    I know the margins of a lot of products in the market, particularly lowers. They have not "raping" people for years.

This is basic survival mode for a lot of firearms related businesses. They need cash. Too much inventory may look good for the books for value, but inventory doesn't pay the bills. Liquidating inventory, even at a loss is what you're seeing. Everyone is racing to the bottom on who can lose the most money while raising cash to stay afloat. This will be a brutal couple of years for everyone in the business. Most shops don't pay for their inventory 100% with cash, so they have to make payments or their credit line will be pulled. This is basically death at that point.

Downloads
    Uploads
    And this is the retailer selling a 6061 lower (below the standard now) at that price. AIM may have already paid Noreen long ago and selling these at a loss to draw people to other inventory.