Page 195 of 248 FirstFirst ... 95145185193194195196197205245 ... LastLast
Results 2,911 to 2,925 of 3707
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Deadwing View Post
    Thanks for the heads up. I emailed LaRue this morning about MPX compatibility, received the following reply: "We do not recommend our trigger to be used in a 9mm rifle/pistol from any manufacturer." Looks like my search for a decent trigger for the MPX continues...
    Meh. For $87 right now I'd be willing to try an MBT in an MPX, and if it didn't work simply use it in one of my other ARs. Meanwhile, Timney's MPX trigger is getting good reviews. I'd still be tempted to try the MBT first just for the cost savings though.

ETA: since I'm seriously considering an MPX for a "truck gun", I've been doing some reading on the purpose of the trigger bridge - bolt velocity on the MPX seems to throw the hammer back a lot harder than on a standard AR, resulting in the disconnector getting beaten up by the hammer and eventually causing problems, so Sig came up with the bridge to prevent the disconnector from being abused. The rear top surface of the Sig disconnect is lower than the rear top of a standard disconnector, so it might require some judicious filing to shave down a regular AR disconnector to match the Sig OEM disconnector specs. I'd probably experiment with that on a standard AR trigger group first & see how it worked, and if successful then I'd carefully work on the MBT disconnector if necessary.

(I don't have my MPX yet, so this is all in theory for right now. I'm loving the MBT in my other ARs though, so I'm hopeful this can be made to work).
    Last edited by PJD642; 4 August 2018 at 13:22.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by PJD642 View Post
    Meh. For $87 right now I'd be willing to try an MBT in an MPX, and if it didn't work simply use it in one of my other ARs. Meanwhile, Timney's MPX trigger is getting good reviews. I'd still be tempted to try the MBT first just for the cost savings though.

ETA: since I'm seriously considering an MPX for a "truck gun", I've been doing some reading on the purpose of the trigger bridge - bolt velocity on the MPX seems to throw the hammer back a lot harder than on a standard AR, resulting in the disconnector getting beaten up by the hammer and eventually causing problems, so Sig came up with the bridge to prevent the disconnector from being abused. The rear top surface of the Sig disconnect is lower than the rear top of a standard disconnector, so it might require some judicious filing to shave down a regular AR disconnector to match the Sig OEM disconnector specs. I'd probably experiment with that on a standard AR trigger group first & see how it worked, and if successful then I'd carefully work on the MBT disconnector if necessary.

(I don't have my MPX yet, so this is all in theory for right now. I'm loving the MBT in my other ARs though, so I'm hopeful this can be made to work).
    The trigger bridge on mine is definitely getting some love from the hammer during cycling. The HK416/417 also use a trigger bridge and for the same purpose. The bridge does it's job well, so i see no reason to remove it and/or monkey with standard AR trigger groups that would be no better than the factory Sig trigger. I'd rather deal with a shitty trigger than one that goes rouge one me. As for the MBT, i'm 100% certain it would work in the MPX. I'm just not sure for how long.
    "It's time to start slapping people." - George Carlin

NRA Life Member | SAF Life Member | FPC Member

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Deadwing View Post
    The trigger bridge on mine is definitely getting some love from the hammer during cycling. The HK416/417 also use a trigger bridge and for the same purpose. The bridge does it's job well, so i see no reason to remove it and/or monkey with standard AR trigger groups that would be no better than the factory Sig trigger. I'd rather deal with a shitty trigger than one that goes rouge one me. As for the MBT, i'm 100% certain it would work in the MPX. I'm just not sure for how long.
    Just for clarification, I was trying to say that Sig is using the trigger bridge to stop the disconnect from taking a beating. I didn't mean to imply that Sig came up with the trigger bridge idea, as rereading my post seems to imply. I've never used a 416 or 417 - I had a POF piston rifle in 5.56 about 8 years ago that didn't have a trigger bridge. I wonder if HK's piston system is different enough that the bolt velocity is greater, or if they're just being cautious?

Anyway, I agree that the MBT would work just fine (in the short term) in the MPX. My first hand experience with the MPX is limited to a sample size of one (my buddy's gun), and while I liked almost everything about it, the trigger on that was comparable to a low-end budget AR home build. Meaning it sucked. Once my MPX is in hand I'm going to do some experimentation with an ALG ACT disconnector (since that's cheap to replace) and if successful I'll look into modifying a G2S or an MBT disconnector. Either one of those (or even the ACT) should be a vast improvement over the stock MPX trigger.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by PJD642 View Post
    Just for clarification, I was trying to say that Sig is using the trigger bridge to stop the disconnect from taking a beating. I didn't mean to imply that Sig came up with the trigger bridge idea, as rereading my post seems to imply. I've never used a 416 or 417 - I had a POF piston rifle in 5.56 about 8 years ago that didn't have a trigger bridge. I wonder if HK's piston system is different enough that the bolt velocity is greater, or if they're just being cautious?

Anyway, I agree that the MBT would work just fine (in the short term) in the MPX. My first hand experience with the MPX is limited to a sample size of one (my buddy's gun), and while I liked almost everything about it, the trigger on that was comparable to a low-end budget AR home build. Meaning it sucked. Once my MPX is in hand I'm going to do some experimentation with an ALG ACT disconnector (since that's cheap to replace) and if successful I'll look into modifying a G2S or an MBT disconnector. Either one of those (or even the ACT) should be a vast improvement over the stock MPX trigger.
    HK being HK, it's probably typical German over-engineering. As for modifying disconnectors, if your goal is to get the Sig trigger bridge to fit and work with triggers other than the stock MPX trigger, you'll likely need to modify hammers as well, as the shape of the MPX trigger is unique, allowing it to both be stopped by the bridge and allow the bolt to cycle properly. Other triggers may bottom out on the bridge and prevent the bolt from cycling, or not stop the hammer soon enough and still pummel the disconnector. But i reckon this is a technical discussion, and subject for a thread other than this one.
    "It's time to start slapping people." - George Carlin

NRA Life Member | SAF Life Member | FPC Member

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Downloads
    Uploads

Deals and Hard To Find Items

Brownells has $.01 hazmat fee and free shipping on $150 purchase. Good for today. Code JDB

Downloads
    Uploads
    Malkoff-

"Flash Sale Tonight from 4:00pm to 8:00pm CST. Use the code FLASH25 for 25% OFF everything in stock!"

Downloads
    Uploads

LWRC Advanced Combat 6.8 SPC II Bolts sale from Brownell's

Brownell's has LWRC's NIB advanced combat bolt on sale for $55.95, about $90 off retail. Also works for .224 Valkyrie.

FT
    NRA Life Member
    Deplorables Life Member
    Bible and Gun Clinger
    Filthy Stinking Wal Mart Shopper

Downloads
    Uploads
    Thanks FT ... ordered two as spares !
    NRA Benefactor Member
    NRA Certified Instructor

"I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, and I won't be laid a hand on."
    John Wayne - "The Shootist"

Downloads
    Uploads
    For you guys who enjoy suppressed plinking... CCI Standard Velocity. $21.99/brick free shipping over $50.
    Haven't seen a delivered price this low in 10 years.

https://www.brownells.com/ammunition...F6Tm8ifQ%3D%3D

Downloads
    Uploads
    O.K., guess I worked a good, sweating, damned near falling to my knees, dizziness hard core kind of guy, so if you'll sell me that Colt Python, I think you'll be able to make us whole again.

FT
    NRA Life Member
    Deplorables Life Member
    Bible and Gun Clinger

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by FortTom View Post
    so if you'll sell me that Colt Python, I think you'll be able to make us whole again.

FT
    Ummmm ........................... nope. Sorry Buddy, you're just gonna have to suffer.
    NRA Benefactor Member
    NRA Certified Instructor

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by FortTom View Post
    O.K., guess I worked a good, sweating, damned near falling to my knees, dizziness hard core kind of guy, so if you'll sell me that Colt Python, I think you'll be able to make us whole again.

FT
    Did someone say Python?

Will - Owner of Arisaka LLC - http://www.arisakadefense.com

Downloads
    Uploads
    ^^ Nice pair!
    NRA Benefactor Member
    NRA Certified Instructor

Downloads
    Uploads

DD214 for Blue Label Price on Glocks

GT Distributors is offering Blue Label pricing on Glocks, for any Honorably discharged vet with a DD214 on one pistol. M&P's on a similar deal. https://www.gtdist.com/

If you're not otherwise eligible, here's your chance.

FT
    NRA Life Member
    Deplorables Life Member
    Bible and Gun Clinger

Downloads
    Uploads
    I tried, but for some reason you have to live in a handful of states. MN is not one.
    “ When I comes to modern politics, I think the inverse of Hanlon's Razor applies...In other words, "Never attribute to stupidity that which is adequately explained by malice." - Kerplode