Page 205 of 248 FirstFirst ... 105155195203204205206207215 ... LastLast
Results 3,061 to 3,075 of 3707
    Downloads
    Uploads
    AIM has Glock 22 Gen 3 LEO trade-ins for $280. I'm not a huge .40 fan, but that's a decent deal. They also have Gen 4 for $10 more.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Eric View Post
    AIM has Glock 22 Gen 3 LEO trade-ins for $280. I'm not a huge .40 fan, but that's a decent deal. They also have Gen 4 for $10 more.
    Question since I am not a Glock guy [yet]. Can these cheap .40's be fitted with a 9mm conversion or no?

Downloads
    Uploads
    I've not used one, but there are aftermarket conversion barrels available. I would never put one into use for duty/defensive purposes with a conversion.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by alamo5000 View Post
    Question since I am not a Glock guy [yet]. Can these cheap .40's be fitted with a 9mm conversion or no?
    I can't recall all the parts you need to swap off the top of my head, but you will need a barrel, mags, extractor.

Too many stories of unreliable 40 to 9 Glock Conversions out there for me. But if you want to take a whirl, Glock parts are cheap to replace.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I've not used one, but there are aftermarket conversion barrels available. I would never put one into use for duty/defensive purposes with a conversion.
    Plenty of reliable non-factory Glock barrels out there, but for duty/defensive, yeah I'd rather have a non-converted 40 to 9.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I purchased a Lone Wolf 9mm barrel and stuck it in my stock Glock 22. Only problem I had was that shells ejected at 1200 clock position rather than at 1500, which can be annoying but it’s more of a novelty use of the firearm for me. I used spare 9mm Glock mags, not sure if you can pull double duty on the mags.

I’ve heard that changing out the extractor will fix the ejection angle issue, but it’s more of a hassle based on use/need for my personal use.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Downloads
    Uploads
    I almost ordered one. If it would have been a 21 I'd have done it and threw a 9mm barrel in it

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
    Ground Defense 1, Blade Defense 1, Defensive Pistol 1 & 2, Aliance Shoot House, When Things Go Bad, YSINTG, Carbine 1, DART Medical, NRA Range Safety Officer
    david@damagephotos.com
    Damage Photos on Facebook
    @damage_photos on Instagram
    Use DAMAGE15 to save 15% at Third Pin Threads
    Save 10% "JOINORDIE" http://cmttac.com/

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Pyzik View Post
    I almost ordered one. If it would have been a 21 I'd have done it and threw a 9mm barrel in it

You can't throw a 9mm barrel on a 21.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Oops. 23? Not a Glock guy

Ground Defense 1, Blade Defense 1, Defensive Pistol 1 & 2, Aliance Shoot House, When Things Go Bad, YSINTG, Carbine 1, DART Medical, NRA Range Safety Officer
    david@damagephotos.com
    Damage Photos on Facebook
    @damage_photos on Instagram
    Use DAMAGE15 to save 15% at Third Pin Threads
    Save 10% "JOINORDIE" http://cmttac.com/

Downloads
    Uploads
    My thoughts on the subject are basically this... I've never been a Glock guy. I know next to nothing about them. The only appeal to me is getting, or rather building up a pimp glock that may or may not be a dedicated suppressor host, carry gun or whatever. Since my intention would be to replace everything on the gun and maybe even get a snazzy stipple job---all together that's not a cheap project by any means. That said-- the thought would be to buy a used frame that nobody wants and then just buy the parts to get from point A to B.

If there is any kind of question about reliability or whatever that's a deal breaker.

Downloads
    Uploads
    My thoughts on the subject are basically this... I've never been a Glock guy. I know next to nothing about them. The only appeal to me is getting, or rather building up a pimp glock that may or may not be a dedicated suppressor host, carry gun or whatever. Since my intention would be to replace everything on the gun and maybe even get a snazzy stipple job---all together that's not a cheap project by any means. That said-- the thought would be to buy a used frame that nobody wants and then just buy the parts to get from point A to B.

If there is any kind of question about reliability or whatever that's a deal breaker.
    Easy enough to get a stripped Glock frame from Big Tex Outdoors or the Glockstore for under $75ish. Build up accordingly.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by UWone77 View Post
    Easy enough to get a stripped Glock frame from Big Tex Outdoors or the Glockstore for under $75ish. Build up accordingly.
    Well that's easy. They are about 30 minutes from me.

I am thinking of multiple projects so when I come into some cash (hopefully soon) I will buy some more uppers/lowers, SBR a few things, and get a few things that I can finish out over time depending on the cash situation. Like with my 10/22, I bought a Kidd reciever several years ago and it sat in a closet for a long time but eventually it grew into a whole rifle.

Specifically regarding the whole Glock thing I know absolutely nothing about the whole numbering system they got going on and what the differences are. I need to educate myself about that before I commit because heaven only knows I got a long list of wants. It may get kicked down the list a little bit or replaced with other options accordingly. That said the whole idea of modularity is extremely attractive.

Downloads
    Uploads
    New 2a Arms builder set and parts at Aero prices. Limited time, including new forged sets.

https://www.2a-arms.com/category-s/229.htm

Downloads
    Uploads
    AIM has S&W M&P. 40 LEO trade-ins for $240.
    https://aimsurplus.com/leo-trade-in-...40-s-w-handgun

Downloads
    Uploads
    Coupon codes from Primary Arms ...
    Name:  PA Coupons.jpg
Views: 469
Size:  146.7 KB
    NRA Benefactor Member
    NRA Certified Instructor

"I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, and I won't be laid a hand on."
    John Wayne - "The Shootist"