Page 210 of 248 FirstFirst ... 110160200208209210211212220 ... LastLast
Results 3,136 to 3,150 of 3707
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Uffdaphil View Post
    Man, I’m crying. My Platinum Visa was hacked and the replacement won’t honor the charge for this green beauty despite zero balance and years of paying it off in full every month. Sure it will probably get straightened out in the morning, but will there be any left? How many R’s in grrrr?
    You always have to have a backup CC... rookie move!

Quote Originally Posted by BoilerUp View Post
    Yep, MWS oos this morning.
    Kind of relieved. If it was still in stock on Monday, I would have ordered.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by UWone77 View Post
    You always have to have a backup CC... rookie move!
    Wrong. The real pro move is having enough cash to buy it and not using a credit card.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
    Ground Defense 1, Blade Defense 1, Defensive Pistol 1 & 2, Aliance Shoot House, When Things Go Bad, YSINTG, Carbine 1, DART Medical, NRA Range Safety Officer
    david@damagephotos.com
    Damage Photos on Facebook
    @damage_photos on Instagram
    Use DAMAGE15 to save 15% at Third Pin Threads
    Save 10% "JOINORDIE" http://cmttac.com/

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Pyzik View Post
    Wrong. The real pro move is having enough cash to buy it and not using a credit card.

LOL. What?

Why wouldn't you use a CC? I get 5% back on items I already purchase on Amazon with their CC, 1-3% back in rewards with my other cards. We literally charge everything possible on our cards for the rewards. We probably get 600-700 in free money a year from it, not including the aforementioned Amazon card. I probably got 3 free optics last year from the rewards.

Yeah, if you're undisciplined and don't pay off your card at the end of every month, a CC isn't for you. I literally make a payment weekly for our purchases to stay on top of it.

Downloads
    Uploads
    LOL. What?

Why wouldn't you use a CC? I get 5% back on items I already purchase on Amazon with their CC, 1-3% back in rewards with my other cards. We literally charge everything possible on our cards for the rewards. We probably get 600-700 in free money a year from it.

Yeah, if you're undisciplined and don't pay off your card at the end of every month, a CC isn't for you. I literally make a payment weekly for our purchases to stay on top of it.
    I was teasing.

My wife does that and is good at it. It's a game, play it right and you win.

Im not good at it.

Ground Defense 1, Blade Defense 1, Defensive Pistol 1 & 2, Aliance Shoot House, When Things Go Bad, YSINTG, Carbine 1, DART Medical, NRA Range Safety Officer
    david@damagephotos.com

Downloads
    Uploads
    I know, easier said than done. That's why I don't wait for the statement. I take it out of the account when I charge something on the Quickbooks. That way you never get the Oh Shit bill at the end of the month.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Like UW, I pay it off at least weekly. I get 50 cents off at the pump with mine so never saw the need for a second. But now...

Silver lining though. Now I will still go for building up the billet Centurion Arms .308 coming out soon. And I expect Monty will offer a barrel at least as good as the CL LMT.
    “ When I comes to modern politics, I think the inverse of Hanlon's Razor applies...In other words, "Never attribute to stupidity that which is adequately explained by malice." - Kerplode

Downloads
    Uploads
    Yeah, my wife makes money every month using hers. I'm just not good at it. I take cash out for spending money or I transfer it to my PayPal to purchase things online.

I guess it's just easier. I don't have to think about anything or make sure anything's paid.

david@damagephotos.com

Downloads
    Uploads
    Clearly I’ve got the wrong cards. All I have is a debit, and a Cabelas card. Rewards on the Cabelas isn’t super, and the interest is like 20%. I never use it.
    -One Nation, Under God

-"The bad news is time flies. The good news is you're the pilot." ~ Michael Althsuler

Downloads
    Uploads
    I have several cards and have started using tokens for online and phone payments. I was getting cancellations every three months on two of my cards before going this route. Maybe this new approach will work.

You definitely don’t want a card canceled when traveling. Multiple cards, debit, and ATM cards as backups.

That Centurion MK11 will be hot. Monty still hasn’t figured out the barrel but it will contend with the best, no doubt.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Aragorn View Post
    Clearly I’ve got the wrong cards. All I have is a debit, and a Cabelas card. Rewards on the Cabelas isn’t super, and the interest is like 20%. I never use it.
    The Amazon Card is my favorite. 5% back on everything you buy on Amazon. 2% on restaurants/gas, 1% on everything else. Just during Christmas I think we racked up $300 in rewards. You also get $50-100 just for signing up, depending on what kind of promotion they're running at the time. If you stay on top of it, you can have your money work for you on junk you already buy anyway.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by fledge View Post

You definitely don’t want a card canceled when traveling. Multiple cards, debit, and ATM cards as backups.
    Had a good buddy who refused to get a credit card. 100% paid for everything with cash or his debit card. Until... his debit card was compromised and it was declined on a $300 Grocery run. Had no other methods of payment and had to walk away. Holiday weekend, no going to the bank for 3 more days. Can't imagine being in a foreign country with no money and no card. At least if you had a CC and lost it, they will overnight a new card to you.

Credit Cards also protect you from fraud better, extend warranties, among the other perks.

Downloads
    Uploads

Credit Cards also protect you from fraud better, extend warranties, among the other perks.
    This. I have a whole lot of banking experience to offer tons of evidence of this. Spot on UW.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Had a good buddy who refused to get a credit card. 100% paid for everything with cash or his debit card. Until... his debit card was compromised and it was declined on a $300 Grocery run. Had no other methods of payment and had to walk away. Holiday weekend, no going to the bank for 3 more days. Can't imagine being in a foreign country with no money and no card. At least if you had a CC and lost it, they will overnight a new card to you.

I was in the middle of a trip where AmEx froze my card due to fraud. And then said I could only only reinstate it if I sent a utility bill verifying identity. This was before you could grab PDFs online. Had to wait weeks before I could sort that out. Needless to say I don’t carry AmEx anymore.

Downloads
    Uploads
    huh....I haven’t had a credit card for over 10 years.

We got behind and little by little I was going backwards, just making the monthly payments.. Then after many months you break down and buy myself something on the card as I was always cash broke....then more.then your maxed out...all of the!l...Well I’m still in the hole from them cards and told myself no more until I can pay them off monthly etc..

Nowadays , no cash no buy.

On another hand the active junky place is worthwhile , especially if you buy a lot on line, I also see it as a free 1000 or more depending for not doing anything really.

I might.....know a free $10 referral code.......https://www.activejunky.com/invite/1825879

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Pyzik View Post

l just got through paying my bills online. I disagree about not having at least one CC. You can't even rent a card without one. I pay mine off at the beginning of each month, and rotate them around. I just got a BOA card and I got a $200 credit for spending $500 in the first three months. I just used it to pay bills (utilities, etc.) gas, groceries, just stuff I was going to buy anyway. I used the $200 credit for my camera. If you don't have the discipline to pay at end of month, of ASAP for major purchases, I wouldn't recommend one. Use them to make money, e.g. points and cash back, let someone else pay the interest for you. P.S. Just used my Amex to buy First class non-stop round trip tickets to FL for my May fishing trip, and got almost $300 off the tickets for using AMEX. Credit companies make money two ways. They get a kick back on the sale of around 2 or 3 percent from the vendor. And they get interest from folks who carry balances. Like I said, use the card to make you money in the form of cash back or deals, and let the folks who carry a balance pay the interest.

FT
    Last edited by FortTom; 3 March 2019 at 04:36.
    NRA Life Member
    Deplorables Life Member
    Bible and Gun Clinger
    Filthy Stinking Wal Mart Shopper