Page 243 of 248 FirstFirst ... 143193233241242243244245 ... LastLast
Results 3,631 to 3,645 of 3707
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Regarding all these mag bans... not just in WA. I wonder if a company would make a follower for standard mags that would technically limit the round capacity to 10 rounds...'on paper' they should still be able to sell those mags in these ban states...I would imagine.

If people purchased a separate follower to 'standardize' their mags that would be up to them...I am wondering if that could ever become a thing...

All they would really have to do is buy a ton of mags, make the capacity limited follower for said mag brand, then go on their way. Or if they could just sell parts, like a mag body or whatever and then have your friend open up another online store for mag springs, or floor plates, or whatever...

I would think someone has probably tried that or something similar to that in California....

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by alamo5000 View Post
    Regarding all these mag bans... not just in WA. I wonder if a company would make a follower for standard mags that would technically limit the round capacity to 10 rounds...'on paper' they should still be able to sell those mags in these ban states...I would imagine.

If people purchased a separate follower to 'standardize' their mags that would be up to them...I am wondering if that could ever become a thing...

All they would really have to do is buy a ton of mags, make the capacity limited follower for said mag brand, then go on their way. Or if they could just sell parts, like a mag body or whatever and then have your friend open up another online store for mag springs, or floor plates, or whatever...

I would think someone has probably tried that or something similar to that in California....
    Blocked mags are already very much a thing, be it "home made" or commercially manufactured.

The way around the original magazine ban in CA was similar to what (I think) you were saying. The law essentially said you can't buy a new axe. But you can buy a new axe handle and new axe head. So vendors would take existing conventional mags, open up the bag and pop the base plate off so the mag was "sprung" and then ship it into CA. Now they haven't shipped a magazine, but shipped a parts kit. Many vendors did this, but PSA became notorious for it in the CA DoJ and CA went after them (and a couple others).

Eventually a new law was passed that was an outright ban on ownership.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by gatordev View Post
    Eventually a new law was passed that was an outright ban on ownership.
    This right here.

And you never see a repeal of such laws later.

Downloads
    Uploads
    If anyone local to Rainier wants an 11.5" Sig MCX Virtus, they have 7 of them as of yesterday. These aren't showing on the website, and will only be avail at the storefront if you ask. If they don't move in a week or two, they'll be online.

Finally picked one up myself after several years of casually looking.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by UWone77 View Post
    If anyone local to Rainier wants an 11.5" Sig MCX Virtus, they have 7 of them as of yesterday. These aren't showing on the website, and will only be avail at the storefront if you ask. If they don't move in a week or two, they'll be online.

Finally picked one up myself after several years of casually looking.
    I'll probably be down there on Tuesday so I'll have to check them out as I've also been "casually looking" for a while. The idea of getting an MCX is what has kept me from getting a piston setup for my LMT.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I'm from NJ so I've been dealing with this for a while. most companies won't sell 30rd mag bodies or anything like that here. too risky for them. but 458 socom 10rd mags are just 5.56 GI mags with a different follower. https://dura-mag.com/duramag-ss-458-...ainless-steel/. good excuse to Get a new caliber

Quote Originally Posted by alamo5000 View Post

Downloads
    Uploads
    For Sig P365 owners, Joe Bob has 12rd mags for $35, which is quite good. I'm usually happy to get them for $40. Free shipping over $90

https://www.joeboboutfitters.com/Sig...2.htm?CartID=1

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by BoilerUp View Post
    I'll probably be down there on Tuesday so I'll have to check them out as I've also been "casually looking" for a while. The idea of getting an MCX is what has kept me from getting a piston setup for my LMT.
    I did play with the Virtus today and I do want one (as well as the X95 that was hanging below it), but my score was an LMT MARS-L stripped lower that was hanging out in the display case with no label or advertised price. My disappointment with the MCX is that it doesn't have right side bolt hold open like the MPX or LMT.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Forster Co-Ax Press in stock at Brownell's https://www.brownells.com/reloading/...prod38303.aspx

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by BoilerUp View Post
    I did play with the Virtus today and I do want one (as well as the X95 that was hanging below it), but my score was an LMT MARS-L stripped lower that was hanging out in the display case with no label or advertised price. My disappointment with the MCX is that it doesn't have right side bolt hold open like the MPX or LMT.
    Heh, I left that for you... they asked me if I wanted a MARS, and I'm like ehhhh, kind of but I don't need it. Surprised it lasted that long.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Magpul 50 round drums for MP5 and Glock are starting to show up. Arms Unlimited, Brownies, and Midway had some in stock. Brownies is the only one I found that has all of them. I was hoping they'd be available before the WA ban goes into effect

Downloads
    Uploads
    That virtus isnt worth the money there asking. Poo

Downloads
    Uploads
    I cannot wait to join in on these threads. I'm 98% sure my wife is ready to move from here to SC. Soon I'll be able to have more than 10 rounds and use a magazine button and drop a mag.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyrannosaur View Post
    I cannot wait to join in on these threads. I'm 98% sure my wife is ready to move from here to SC. Soon I'll be able to have more than 10 rounds and use a magazine button and drop a mag.
    Life goals!
    There's no "Team" in F**K YOU!

Downloads
    Uploads
    Radian AX556 Lowers in stock:

https://www.rainierarms.com/radian-w...ower-receiver/

Also on the Radian site for a little more:

https://www.radianweapons.com/en/rec...lower-receiver