Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Downloads
    Uploads

Talk to me about packs...

I'm lookin for a good, thee day assault pack. Right now i got my eye on the Eagle A III and the Camelback Motherload.

Pack will be used extensively as a hiking pack on my long weekend hikes, but will also do double duty as a SHTF bag in which i want to be able to carry all the goods for a three day or so trek.

If you know of any better options than the ones ive listed above, throw em at me!

Downloads
    Uploads
    Take a look at the Kifaru MOLLE Express.

Cameron

Downloads
    Uploads
    I've got a Kelty MAP3500 that I love. I got it awhile back at Amron Intl when they used to have multiple colors. Now it looks like they just have ACU at a $50 cheaper than I paid. Maybe the bag has been discontinued.

Downloads
    Uploads
    http://originalsoegear.com/about.html

Have you looked at OSOE? I've been running their backpack for the past 9 yrs, a very well built gear with lifetime warranty.
    John is a good guy and stands behind his gear 110%

Downloads
    Uploads
    HSGI MOOSE Pack V2.
    Modular, the Expandable Beaver Tail is a nice addition..
    And I love the shoulder pads.

CXS

Downloads
    Uploads
    Check out the EBERLESTOCK GUNSLSLINGER pack. (Click on link).

I purchased a black one about 2 years ago, and it has been one of my best gear investments.

It has been through thick and thin. It carries my rifle when I dump everything into the back of the vehicle for a mountain trip, or when I am going to the range...and even on my trip to Oahu last year. (Still have the airline tag hanging from the carry handle).

Do a search/review of this bag, and see for yourself.

Look around, and you may find a good deal on it. (I found mine, online, for around $175.00, shipped to my door).

Best wishes.

In Christ: Raymond
    Last edited by RaymondMillbrae; 23 August 2009 at 04:17.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I just sold my Camelbak Motherlode to finance a Camelbak TRIZIP. The TRIZIP has over 2300cu of room compared the ML's 2138cu plus the TRIZIP is a collaboration between Camelbak and Mystery Ranch for less money. It is very well executed pack and very similar to Mystery Ranch's 3 Day Assault Pack.
    "In God we trust, everyone else keep your hands where we can see them."

Downloads
    Uploads
    I'm a bit on the traditional side, and recently picked up a Tactical Tailor "Three Day Assault Pack Plus". I also have their standard 3 day assault pack, which I used as my primary pack for a year or so and have been very happy with it.

Downloads
    Uploads

Downloads
    Uploads
    looks like lots of great options here, this is proving to be a tough decision! im really liking all the options ive seen so far! i think im leaning a little towards the TAD gear bag and the Tactical Tailor options. The eagle A III also still looks like a promising option.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I like a pack with external pockets/ compartments. To me, it makes things easier, especially when the pack is one and someone else is grabbing gear out. I'll try to get some pictures of the TT 3 day + pack.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I'm an AIII user/owner/fan with admittedly little to no experience with any of the other ninja packs out there. I did sell commercial packs and GI surplus gear for several years though. One of the things I really like about the AIII is that if you get it non-molle and in a non-ninja color, you can walk around without looking all tactical. The other thing I like about it is that you can get these side pouches that attach/detach for added room/utility. I have one that stays filled with all my toiletries, and one that I use for shoes.

There are just so many companies making this stuff these days that ultimately it's going to come down to figuring out which manufacturers have a good reputation and which are maybe so-so or worse and picking a pack that's the size and has the features you like.

I would also STRONGLY suggest being honest about your own uses and needs. There is a good chance you'd be better served with a commercial pack, and there is an even better chance that a pack like the TAD at nearly $300 (regardless of whether that's worth it or marketing hype) is probably overkill for almost anyone (including most of their buyers, much like their apparel).
    WWW.TACTICALYELLOWVISOR.NET

Downloads
    Uploads
    +1 to what rob_s has said. I too own a Eagle A-III (non-molle), and for what I use it for it does the job and if anything is bigger than I need sometimes. If you're looking for something smaller and more discrete then try the Tactical Tailor Enhanced Day Pack http://www.tacticaltailor.com/enhanceddaypack.aspx. Think of Jansport as far as external appearance but numerous interior features that make organizing and prioritizing your items inside a lot easier not to mention solid construction. It's built by a trusted company and yet won't raise any eyebrows while you're on the street.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I own a eagle AIII (OD green MOLLE) Pack, 2 Kelty 3500( 1 Coyote, 1 Green), a couple of Camelbak BFM, and used to have the big one from TAD gear
    All these packs are really great!!!
    But the Kelty's are my favourites, very rugged, well padded shoulder straps, and good organizer pouches A+
    Be Strong To Protect The Weak

Downloads
    Uploads
    Dulce bellum inexpertis