Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Downloads
    Uploads
    wow, looks like we might have a winner! i really like that mystery ranch pack! its a little more then i wanted to spend, but thats fine, ill just save up a little longer, that pack looks top notch.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mystery Ranch packs are very nice. Just ordered my Camelback TRIZIP from a buddy for 225.00 shipped and the TRIZIP is a collaboration between CB and Mystery Ranch. The 500D Cordura is lightweight and more than enough for my needs as this will serve as an occasional hiking/camping/travelling pack.

Stan
    "In God we trust, everyone else keep your hands where we can see them."

Downloads
    Uploads
    If you decide to get the MR Pack, make sure you ask them about the options available in place of the PRC117F internal strap system it comes with. They do have medic or computer pouch options you can opt for if they will suit your needs better.
    Dulce bellum inexpertis

Downloads
    Uploads
    I use a North Face Skareb 55 pack it may not be tacticool but it's very durable and has an aluminum suspension as well as a plastic sheet.

It's by far the most lightweight pack I've ever used. I've done everything from hiking trips in northern ME in December, canoe trips to boundary waters in MN, and a few weekend trips down in Texas. It breaths very well which is something most people will overlook when choosing a pack if you really look at the construction it's made to keep air flowing between the pack and your back. If hiking is going to be your intended use I would take a look at lighter stuff as opposed to the most bomb proof rugged item you can find.
    -BC

"I would never have a 7.62 as my primary home defense weapon. I mean by all means if I'm cleaning a 7.62 and some d-bag busts down my door I'll give him a bad day"

Downloads
    Uploads
    Another one worth mentioning would be the Camelbak Urban Assault XL pack. 500D weight cordura, 2600cu of space, no molle and a street price of under 150.00.
    "In God we trust, everyone else keep your hands where we can see them."

Downloads
    Uploads

Thumbs up Camelbak "Commander"

As a ski patroller who does backcountry skiing I needed a "3Day" pack also. BUT... I needed a front shovel flap to store my avy shovel and avy probes. Finally I found, in Cabela's, the Camelbak "commander" pack at 2,700 cu. in.

Great pack excet for some major and minor changes I had to make.

1. Cut off wimpy belt and added a padded REI backpack belt BENEATH the lumbar pad. Requires unstitching a bit of both sides of the lumbar pad & having a shoemaker bar tack the lumbar pad above the new belt.
    2. Buy flat 1" aluminum bar strips form Lowe's and cut drill and bolt them into the pack in an upside-down U. Using stainless bolts, nuts and washers and melting holes in the pack's internal back panel I was very successful. Ya gotta round the ends of the aluminum strips & cover 'em W/ Gorilla duct tape to prevent undue wear on the pack.
    3. Replace the lower shovel pocket side strap buckles W/ quick release Fastex buckles for easy on & off of side pockets I got from REI. (PM me for easy instructions)
    4. Sew on a pair of 1" nylon webbing straps W/ quick release buckles on bottom of pack for carrying extra gear like a sleeping mattress.

Yeah, a fair amount of customizing but I got a great 3 Day pack out of it for all my avalanche and winter survival gear. And yes, It's RealTree HD camo but I don't care.

Eric

Downloads
    Uploads

EAGLE AIII

+1 for the Eagle AIII. My khaki non-MOLLE is still on active duty and has survived through some serious s**t. When I get back from this rotation, I will be purchasing an Eagle AIII MOLLE in MC. I have used TAG Chaos and RAID packs, along with the Camelbak BFM and the AIII - as Stick pointed out - is simple and practical at the same time. A 3 day pack is just that - a 3 day pack.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Goodtimes View Post
    wow, looks like we might have a winner! i really like that mystery ranch pack! its a little more then i wanted to spend, but thats fine, ill just save up a little longer, that pack looks top notch.
    Now I don't have any first hand experience with the mystery ranch pack, I did get to look one over briefly, due to one of my best friends being an EOD unit deployed to Afghanistan right now and outfitting his guys with packs from MR prior to deployment, I was pretty impressed with the build quality and from what him and his guys said about their packs, if I had the money and needed a new pack these would be at the top of my list.
    American defense... preferred by 9 out of 10 small countries!

Downloads
    Uploads
    Got to love Eagle's AIII or the ATS RAID. Although if you just need a bare bones lightweight pack, GoLite makes some really nice packs. I have not yet tried CB/MR's 500D line, but from what I hear they are top-notch quality and significantly lighter than their 1000D counterparts.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Stickman View Post
    I'm a bit on the traditional side, and recently picked up a Tactical Tailor "Three Day Assault Pack Plus". I also have their standard 3 day assault pack, which I used as my primary pack for a year or so and have been very happy with it.
    Stickman is right here. I use Tactical Taylor gear and have not been disappointed. Made in the USA too.

Downloads
    Uploads

BDS Maritime Ruck?

Anyone ever used the BDS Tactical Maritime Ruck? BDS makes great chest rigs that I go through a lot of but I haven't moved any of these rucks.
    Curious if there's any users??

Here's a link to the ruck:
    http://www.sexyweapon.com/BDS_TACTIC...05218%20dt.htm

Thanks!

Lpalli
    Stay Frosty

www.SexyWeapon.com

Downloads
    Uploads
    a buddy of mine just let me borrow a ATS Raid, Kifaru E&E and a Tac tailor enhanced day pack. out of the three i liked the raid the most, i just wished it was a bit more slim. if i could get my hands on a M/C cobra pack i'm pretty sure i'd be a happy man.

Downloads
    Uploads
    UTG, if you get a Cobra you will be very happy with it. I like the RAID very much, but when you don't need the extra capacity the Cobra is a nice alternative.

Downloads
    Uploads
    problem is finding one. i really don't want acu, and that's all that is avail anymore.

Downloads
    Uploads
    UTG, try also looking at BFG's DAP:

http://www.blueforcegear.com/product...11&prod_id=157

Not quite the same as the Cobra, but definitely made by a good company.