Old Jimmy Guest

Short Barrel Rifle

Hi,
    I want to build a SBR and was wondering if the paperwork has to go through the county sherrif like a machine gun.The reason I ask is the sherrif in hamilton county will not sign for full auto so I doubt if he would sign for a SBR also.Thanks in advance for any help.

Old Jimmy

Downloads
    Uploads

no worries...no need for a CLEO sign-off

Need to set up a Trust or Corporation (LLC) and register the weapons through that vehicle. No CLEO, no Fingerprints, no BS for all NFA weapons: silencers, SBR's, full auto's (sear guns).

I'd reccomend joining and diving into M4carbines's NFA forum...this is where I got smart on the options.

http://www.m4carbine.net/forumdisplay.php?f=9

Downloads
    Uploads
    That's a bummer.

Here in Tucson the Chief of Police won't sign but the Sheriff will. Do you have an option to go through the local PD rather than the Sheriff?
    "I’m an average nobody, I get to live the rest of my life like a schnook."

Downloads
    Uploads
    I'm pretty sure you can go through your sherriff. Easier route would be incorporating yourself as a trust though, less hassle and less wait. You can do a trust online and be done with it.
    Death Is Certain,
    Life Is Not

Downloads
    Uploads

+1 fro the Trust route

Quote Originally Posted by NvrenufRR View Post
    I'm pretty sure you can go through your sherriff. Easier route would be incorporating yourself as a trust though, less hassle and less wait. You can do a trust online and be done with it.

Denver is the same deal...CO has been a "shall issue" CCW state since 2005...Denver PD treats you like a criminal when you go in for a CCW and has a policy that they won't sign NFA forms for civi's. The issue seems to be potential political backlash.

Easiest, no BS was around local politicians is a Trust! Buy Quicken will-maker online, spend 15 minutes to set it up and send you r forms in - it is that simple!