Downloads
    Uploads

What Knife Sharpener Do You Use ?

I've been in the market for a sharpener and was curious what type of sharpeners you guys are running ?I've always used stones but I'm looking at something similar to the Wicked Edge or similar but it's $$$.

Downloads
    Uploads

Downloads
    Uploads
    I have a variety of sharpening implements, but find I use the Spyderco Sharpmaker and similarly shaped Lansky Dog Bone ceramic sharpeners the most. 99.347% of the sharpening I do is minor touch-up stuff. I also find I used the Spyderco Sharpmaker more configured like a bench stone than a 'V' lately.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I've heard good things about the EdgePro Apex, but use the Spyderco Sharpmaker. $55 vs $245.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I've had that set for about 4 years now and paid back much of the cost charging $4.00 a knife at work for a razor edge in 20 minutes. Works on any size knife and really is a step above. It's like good glass, until you try it you don't know what you are missing and when you have there is no going back.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I recently bought (4) Smith's PP1 Pocket Pal Multifunction Sharpeners that I keep in the vehicles and with gear if away from home.

Sierra Trading Post has them on sale for <$5 and used a code for free shipping.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Good item to have in the GHB/BOB setup. I think most people forget about field sharpening.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I have a Jap wet stone from the wood working store

Downloads
    Uploads
    Sharpmaker for me. The name is a misnomer though. Sharpkeeper would be more accurate. I CAREFULLY use a bench sander if I need to remove any serious metal. I generally only have to do that once if the blade came without an edge. The sharpmaker(keeper) is idiot proof and works extremely well in keeping knives laser/razor sharp in my experience.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Lansky!
    If the blade is really FUBAR'd, then I'll use my Chef's Choice electric sharpener from Cabela's.

Downloads
    Uploads
    For the cost, the Lansky is good. However, I find the blade mount to be subpar when it comes to knives with a swedge or tapered spine. I have an Apex Pro Edge and it works on virtually any sized knife, blade type, or blade design.