Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Downloads
    Uploads
    2x Multicam ordered today
    -BC

"I would never have a 7.62 as my primary home defense weapon. I mean by all means if I'm cleaning a 7.62 and some d-bag busts down my door I'll give him a bad day"

Downloads
    Uploads
    Here are some more pics of my Training/Go to rig, now set up with High Speed Gear, Inc. Taco Mag pouches.

I will most likely be using this rig with my M4gery or AK47.
    But its nice to know that I can pick up an AK74, G3, or M1A and be able to use the same rig without modification.

Eagle Plate Carrier W/Cummerbund (ESAPI Plates inside, No Side Plates)
    4 HSGI Taco Mag Pouches
    1 HSGI Universal Modular Magazine Pouch (On the far Left)
    2 HSGI Pistol Mag pouches
    1 HSGI Mini Modular EOD Pouch (Med Kit) w/1 HSGI Tall Pistol Mag pouch (CAT Tourniquet in it and Trauma Sheers Behind It)
    1 HSGI Mini Modular Admins Panel
    Pair of HSGI Wa/Wee Shoulder Pads

Here's an over all Pic of my rig

Pic of my AR Loadout

Pic of my AK47 Loadout

Pic of the modularity of the rig

CXS

Downloads
    Uploads
    I've been running dry drills with these on my belt, and so far I really like them. I need to get some more time in with them, but I'm impressed so far.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Stickman View Post
    I've been running dry drills with these on my belt, and so far I really like them. I need to get some more time in with them, but I'm impressed so far.
    A couple things I found out playing around with em.
    They fit Smoke Grenades, Flash Bangs, and some Radios.
    Just an FYI...

CXS

Downloads
    Uploads
    so in thinking this through i came up with a question. would it not be a better idea to sew in loops on the side (at the points where the pals would be) and weave them through those?

here's what i'm thinking:
    put a channel through the bottom of the pouch

then instead of running the shock cord through the pals channels (which create a mounting issue as well as a aesthetics issue), sew in loops (like at the top for the tabs) at points along the sides. weave the shock cord through those, and once you get to the top, loop it through the kydex and terminate through the first eyelet down?

Downloads
    Uploads
    Been there , Done that ! One step ......maybe several steps ahead of you there Calico . If it would have worked , I would have done that . I put a lot of time into the development of this pouch . Again another creation that is referred too as "Out-side the Box" and it is hard for some to except . This time I patented this design instead of the mistake that I made when I did not patent bungee-cord retention .
    Look forward towards seeing pistol mag pouches , SAW , Med and holsters using the same positive bungee retention (PBR) in the near future .

Sorry for no intro as this is my first post , as I did not see any Introduction threads , like on some of the other forums .

Gene @ HSGI

Downloads
    Uploads

Downloads
    Uploads
    Good vid.
    I switched the shock cord around to the front on my tacos. I think it works better that way as far as the MALICE clips.
    And your rig needs a molotov.

Downloads
    Uploads
    m24, there have been others that have followed suit with my original idea of switching the shock cord from the back to the front. the general consensus is that it works better that way.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Another Magazine has been confirmed to fit..

SAIGA 12 Mags..

Pics and conformation courtesy of NCPatrolAR

CXS

Downloads
    Uploads
    Standard PMAG picture, it works very well with PMAGs.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Taco pictured with suppressor. While I wouldn't want to throw a hot can into nylon, I was pleasantly surprised at how well it held the can in place when cool.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Taco with standard issue pirate pistol. I'm not sure I would want this for modern engagements, but its probably been awhile since we have seen anything tactical for cap and ball....

Downloads
    Uploads
    So I stopped by HSGI on Friday to discuss some concerns about the Tightness of the PALS on the back, and the difficulty mounting. I told him my solution and he had a Taco sewn up real quick while I was there.

Its pretty simple fix, and adds 2 steps to the process of making these.
    Longer webbing with bigger channels on the rear.
    Looks a little funny with the Malice Clip out of it, but was a million times easier to mount it. I recommended just the middle row have this extra length, but in the quick sample he made for me all three rows have big channels.

Here are some pics..

Also since I was there, I started shoving random Items into it to see what it would hold well..

40mm Parachute Flare

XD Sub-Compact 9mm

Glock 19 Fits really well.

Glock 17 with Weapon Light. (without weapon light it will not seat deep enough for good retention)

And a K5 Tomahawk

CXS

Downloads
    Uploads
    Good News: The center Row of PALS webbing on the rear of the pouch will have the opened up channels, since that is the only Row that the MALICE clip doubles up.
    This will help the pouch be attached to your Carrier or War Belt a lot easier.
    Hopefully the extra steps do not increase price. But even if it does, it will be worth it to me..

Bad News: The Taco is selling faster than it is being made.
    If anyone living near Camp Lejeune that knows how to sew or has relatives that can sew and need a job, Contact Becky @ HSGI..

CXS