Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Here's the setup I used during the Robin Sage Exercise with Army SF units... Had a blast fighting side by side with those guys...

HSGI All Molle Popper
    HSGI Taco Mag Shingles
    HSGI Mini Modular EOD Pouch
    HSGI Releasable H-Harness
    HSGI MOOSE Pack V2

I recently left my job at the Engineering/Surveying Firm and am working Full Time for High Speed Gear, Inc.
    So if you call HSGI you will most likely be talking to me.
    Figured if I was gonna work my ass off, I need to at least be doing something I enjoy..
    I also hope my new employment wont effect my posting abilities on certain forums..
    And I still don't get gear for free...

CXS

Downloads
    Uploads
    You still washing Gene's boat?;-)
    I found another mag that works well with the Taco. I've started putting AI mags in it and they fit well. The mag floorplate comes just above the top edge of the Taco. There isn't much exposed on the mag to grab onto, but the AI mag has a huge overhang of the floorplate that makes it easier to grab than it would seem. A closed cell roll or something along that line in the bottom of the Taco would make it easier to grab, but would also make the mag more prone to coming out unless you were running bungee retention straps across the top. With the extremely slick sides of the AI mags the Taco has a hard time holding the mags in when they aren't fully seated and there is no cord.
    I will try to get some decent pics tomorrow.
    ETA: Pics of SR25 mags-

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by m24shooter View Post
    You still washing Gene's boat?;-)
    I found another mag that works well with the Taco. I've started putting AI mags in it and they fit well. The mag floorplate comes just above the top edge of the Taco. There isn't much exposed on the mag to grab onto, but the AI mag has a huge overhang of the floorplate that makes it easier to grab than it would seem. A closed cell roll or something along that line in the bottom of the Taco would make it easier to grab, but would also make the mag more prone to coming out unless you were running bungee retention straps across the top. With the extremely slick sides of the AI mags the Taco has a hard time holding the mags in when they aren't fully seated and there is no cord.
    I will try to get some decent pics tomorrow.
    ETA: Pics of SR25 mags-
    mmmmmm.... T&E TACOs....
    Nope, haven't washed Gene's boat in a while.
    I have been working my ass off, also trying to take Stickman pics for the website...
    Definitely don't have the camera skills..

We test fit the AI Mags and came to the same conclusion.
    We did not advertise the AI's for reasons you stated.
    Even though one of our .Mil Testers used the the AI Magazine with no problems.
    He attached a tiny patch of Hook to the mag and snugged down the Bungee..

Thanks for the continual Evaluation.
    Looking forward to hearing more for the original Testers, even though their TACOs don't have the Wide Channel of PALS on the backside.
    But if it wasn't for you guys, the changes in design that have been made, wouldn't have come to life before final production.

CXS
    Last edited by Custom-X_Sponjah; 1 December 2009 at 06:20.
    Topher DiMauro
    G-Code Holsters
    www.tacticalholsters.com
    topher@tacticalholsters.com

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Custom-X_Sponjah View Post
    mmmmmm.... T&E TACOs....
    Nope, haven't washed Gene's boat in a while.
    I have been working my ass off, also trying to take Stickman pics for the website...
    Definitely don't have the camera skills..
    I wouldn't feel too bad. It is hard to match his mad skillz.
    We test fit the AI Mags and came to the same conclusion.
    We did not advertise the AI's for reasons you stated.
    Even though one of our .Mil Testers used the the AI Magazine with no problems.
    He attached a tiny patch of Hook to the mag and snugged down the Bungee..
    I'm going to try to get some pics with a retention strap over the top. I can see where the velcro would work, but I would be worried about it coming off the mag body with a little heat and exposure to oil.
    Thanks for the continual Evaluation.
    Looking forward to hearing more for the original Testers, even though their TACOs don't have the Wide Channel of PALS on the backside.
    But if it wasn't for you guys, the changes in design that have been made, wouldn't have come to life before final production.

CXS
    No prob. Its a great pouch and it fits pretty much any mag, although it may require some user-end tweaking as described based on the mag used. I'll be playing with it with the AI mags and see what happens.

Downloads
    Uploads

Downloads
    Uploads
    That's Dedication! Out in the rain snapping pictures..

I'll be posting a Video of "How Easy it is to mount the TACO" later tonight.

For you T&E'ers who want a set of the latest TACO's with wide PALS channels in the back send me an IM and I'll get them to ya. Any color.

CXS
    Topher DiMauro
    G-Code Holsters
    www.tacticalholsters.com

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Custom-X_Sponjah View Post
    That's Dedication! Out in the rain snapping pictures..
    Rain? Hell that was snow! It's just warm enough to melt on contact here right now. That's changing though and we may start getting some accumulations overnight and certainly by Friday.
    I'll be posting a Video of "How Easy it is to mount the TACO" later tonight.

For you T&E'ers who want a set of the latest TACO's with wide PALS channels in the back send me an IM and I'll get them to ya. Any color.

CXS
    Dude I've been wanting to post "Black TACO" for a while now.
    Seriously, OD green would be great. Eager to see the wider PALS.

Downloads
    Uploads
    How new is the "wide"? I know that I had a BITCH of a time getting the Malice through the two you sent me.

I'm planning on rotating through a few pouches at a Pat Rogers class in a week and the Taco is at the top of the list. If you have a version that's easier to mount... :D
    WWW.TACTICALYELLOWVISOR.NET

Downloads
    Uploads
    I'll be running 2x gen I and 2x gen II at a class (http://www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=8&f=8&t=387079) a week from Saturday as well so I'll definately post an update. I just can't wait to dirty up a bunch of new gear.

-BC

"I would never have a 7.62 as my primary home defense weapon. I mean by all means if I'm cleaning a 7.62 and some d-bag busts down my door I'll give him a bad day"

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by rob_s View Post
    How new is the "wide"? I know that I had a BITCH of a time getting the Malice through the two you sent me.

I'm planning on rotating through a few pouches at a Pat Rogers class in a week and the Taco is at the top of the list. If you have a version that's easier to mount... :D
    Follow these simple instructions..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ms37JsAWZtc

CXS
    Topher DiMauro
    G-Code Holsters
    www.tacticalholsters.com

Downloads
    Uploads
    I hate to bump this old thread, but I just wanted to show you guys the Double Decker TACO...
    Its easier to mount since there is less Shock Cord running through the back PALS Channels..
    Rob-S has one, and I want to send the original Beta Testers one...

CXS
    Topher DiMauro
    G-Code Holsters
    www.tacticalholsters.com

Downloads
    Uploads
    so it's based off one long ass piece of bungee? excellent excution of the bungee termination btw

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Urban Tactical Gear View Post
    so it's based off one long ass piece of bungee? excellent excution of the bungee termination btw
    Correct.. 54" to be exact...

CXS
    Topher DiMauro
    G-Code Holsters
    www.tacticalholsters.com

Downloads
    Uploads
    Yes, I do have one. I'm glad you posted here as I was going to send you an email re: what pistol mag it was meant for, but now I see in your pics it is more universal. Will give it a go next week at drills running it on my battle belt.
    WWW.TACTICALYELLOWVISOR.NET

Downloads
    Uploads
    Nice timing on the bump, I've got someone I am spending a lot of time training on the M4, and we are both using these. In the past 2 days I probably have a few hundred reloads through these, if not more.