Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by rob_s View Post
    Yes, I do have one. I'm glad you posted here as I was going to send you an email re: what pistol mag it was meant for, but now I see in your pics it is more universal. Will give it a go next week at drills running it on my battle belt.
    I mounted mine to my belt this morning and it was infinitely easier than the previous pouches I had. I would still prefer to see these without the tabs at the "lips". I know that they are there to route bungie through to secure the magazines if needed, but since I'm not going to do that not having the tabs would make mounting easier.
    WWW.TACTICALYELLOWVISOR.NET

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by rob_s View Post
    I mounted mine to my belt this morning and it was infinitely easier than the previous pouches I had. I would still prefer to see these without the tabs at the "lips". I know that they are there to route bungie through to secure the magazines if needed, but since I'm not going to do that not having the tabs would make mounting easier.
    Rob ,
    If you need a TACO without those tabs , give us a shout. We can make them without upon request. On the DDT, I would leave at least the outer tab. One can mount a field expedient style uni-loop on it. After the pistol mag is placed inside it's pouch , tilt the pistol mag pouch outward and slide the uni-loop between the mag and the backside of the pouch. This will tilt the pistol mag outwards for better grip for extraction.

Gene @ HSGI

Downloads
    Uploads
    Glad you liked how much simpler they are to mount..
    Like Gene stated above, you can request some without the TAB's.
    And I'll also post a pic of what he was describing with the UNI-LOOP and Pistol Mag tomorrow...

CXS
    Topher DiMauro
    G-Code Holsters
    www.tacticalholsters.com
    topher@tacticalholsters.com

Downloads
    Uploads
    As luck would have it I got almost no chance to use the pouch last night, but it did ride on my belt for over 3 hours while running the carbine drills night!

I did get a few extractions and insertions, and it seemed easy enough to use. A major selling point for me with gear like this is if I simply forget I was using it, and that was the case here. I got done at the end of the night and pulled the belt off to drop it in my bin and thought "huh, I forgot that thing was there". To me this means that every time I reached for the magazine it was where I wanted it to be, and every time I went to stow a magazine it went where I wanted it to. If I had noticed the pouch it would have been because of difficulty doing one or the other, and would therefore be a bad thing.

Obviously, the MAJOR selling point of both the original Taco and now this double version is for guys that run multiple platforms. If you have occasion to run an AR, AK, and FAL as well as a Glock, 1911, and Hipower (or whatever, pick your platforms), this pouch design is the best I've ever seen.
    WWW.TACTICALYELLOWVISOR.NET

Downloads
    Uploads
    This pic Shows the separation with a 1911 Magazine and a M4 Magazine.

Here is the Field Expedient UNI-LOOP..

Installed..

Separation is almost doubled for easier Access...

CXS
    Topher DiMauro
    G-Code Holsters
    www.tacticalholsters.com

Downloads
    Uploads
    i mentioned this today on the phone. the new version is ALOT more aesthetically pleasing.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Topher ,

Check your messages when you get a chance and let me know what you think.

Downloads
    Uploads

Downloads
    Uploads
    A quick question if I may... Would you guys recommend the pistol TACO magazine for Glock 33rd 9mm magazines? I'm thinking to use the pistol TACO's in combination with the HSGI AO small chest rig for my Glock/KPOS range loadout. It's either the TACO mag pouches or the USGG Colt 32rd Modular Open Top Single pouches. But since I'm addicted to HSGI gear I'd like some input on this matter. Tnx guys.
    Naive fools can not see, so they must feel!

Downloads
    Uploads
    I think it would work fine, but I have not tried it myself.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by GolfBravo View Post
    A quick question if I may... Would you guys recommend the pistol TACO magazine for Glock 33rd 9mm magazines? I'm thinking to use the pistol TACO's in combination with the HSGI AO small chest rig for my Glock/KPOS range loadout. It's either the TACO mag pouches or the USGG Colt 32rd Modular Open Top Single pouches. But since I'm addicted to HSGI gear I'd like some input on this matter. Tnx guys.
    Actually we are developing a taller pouch for Stick Mags, G18, MP5 mags..
    Look for it in the near future..

I have used the PTACO's for G18 mags and worked fine, but would feel 100% better with 2 more inches of coverage..

CXS
    Topher DiMauro
    G-Code Holsters
    www.tacticalholsters.com

Downloads
    Uploads
    Hi Topher,

Great news, thank you. It's nice to see HSGI catering to the needs of my addiction to their excellent products... Will be looking out for those new TACOS for sure. Have a great year 2011, this goes to everyone. Cheers.

Downloads
    Uploads
    ...just saw the new long pistol TACO pouches on HSGI FB, here's the pic:

Tnx HSGI...

Downloads
    Uploads

Downloads
    Uploads
    Keep in Mind that these are Prototypes..

CXS
    Topher DiMauro
    G-Code Holsters
    www.tacticalholsters.com