Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Downloads
    Uploads

First Look at the upcoming Noveske rail....

Rumor is out that there is a new Noveske rail which will be coming to market soon. The primary benefit is that it permits an extended rail to be used with the Noveske Switchblock. For those people unfamiliar with the Switchblock, the below link will give more information.

http://www.noveskerifleworks.com/switchblock/

While this rail is not the production model, any differences will be minimal when this rail and complete uppers hit the shelves of stocking dealers.

Questions? Comments? Fire away, and I'll answer what I can. Otherwise, this should be a good place to discuss what the rail and Switchblock bring to the table.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Damn.....that is about to throw a wrench in my plans to use a VIS! :) Slick!

Downloads
    Uploads
    I actually changed a VIS order to a MUR with this new rail when I first learned of it in May. In an SBR configuration with SwitchBlock, the VIS options are limited, and you end up with a pretty short rail. Am looking forward to taking delivery of the revised NRW rail/upper.

AC
    Stand your ground; don't fire unless fired upon, but if they mean to have a war, let it begin here. -- Captain John Parker, Lexington, 1775.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Well I am not going SBR (at least not yet), but I still figured the switchblock would not hurt running suppressed at times on a 16" upper. I have not made a final decision, but if I use a switchblock, this rail will win. :)

Downloads
    Uploads
    Can't really go wrong either way, I suppose, but now that NRW upper/rail configurations make full use of anti-rotational components and such, I just felt that the advantages of the VIS were becoming slightly less pronounced. Still a great upper, but now I'm not tied to a proprietary barrel nut and a single configuration.

AC
    Stand your ground; don't fire unless fired upon, but if they mean to have a war, let it begin here. -- Captain John Parker, Lexington, 1775.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Army Chief View Post
    ....now that NRW upper/rail configurations make full use of anti-rotational components and such......

AC

No doubt about it, its rock solid.

Downloads
    Uploads
    It sure looks a lot like the rails from SWS with a few modifications. I wonder if Noveske got a license to produce the same/similar design.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Actually, Noveske rails are made by SWS to NRW's specifications, hence the obvious similarities.

Downloads
    Uploads
    That's interesting. Any word on how much one of these rails are going to cost? It's a shame since I already have the original SWS version. NRW's design appears to be much more appealing, especially with quick disconnect holes machined in.

With that set up, a suppressed SBR doesn't seem so bad anymore. Makes me want to throw down more money on more toys.

-rebelEMPIRE

Downloads
    Uploads
    To the best of my knowledge, these SWS/NRW rail systems are available only on a built upper or rifle. I don't know if NRW has any plans to offer them for retrofits, but suspect not -- at least, not initially.

AC

Downloads
    Uploads
    I'm awaiting a 12.5" 6.8 Noveske upper with one of these.
    WWW.TACTICALYELLOWVISOR.NET

Downloads
    Uploads
    It looks very similar to the Daniel Defense Omega X 12 rail system, as well as their 12.0 FSP Lite Rail System.
    http://www.danieldefense.com/?page=s...&product_id=77

Or is that just me?
    -Adam

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by jeeves915 View Post
    It looks very similar to the Daniel Defense Omega X 12 rail system, as well as their 12.0 FSP Lite Rail System.
    http://www.danieldefense.com/?page=s...&product_id=77

Or is that just me?
    -Adam
    Similar concept, but this is optimized to work with the switchblock and then a suppressor and mount on the end. The DD rails are kind of just long to be... long, and the cut is for a standard FSB.

The cutout in the DD rails is at leas 7 notches long, while the Noveske version is only 4.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Right. Similar in appearance, but different in actual purpose. I suppose you could say that both are technically cut out for different types of gas blocks (FSB v. SB), but that is pretty much where the similarities end.

A 12.5" 6.8 sounds just about perfect, Rob. Is the long term intent to suppress?

AC

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Army Chief View Post
    A 12.5" 6.8 sounds just about perfect, Rob. Is the long term intent to suppress?
    Yes. AAC SPR/M4, mount is coming with the upper.

It's going to be my long-range SPR.