Downloads
    Uploads

Going to GUN SHOW this weekend...Any advice?

I am going to my first gun show in quite some time. So I feel very green and naive. Having said that is a gun show a good place to find .223 ammo or should I keep to orderinf online? Plus are guns shows a good place to trade guns? Thanks for any insight, opinions and advice in advance.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Gun shows in my area are only interesting if you're into body odor and beef jerky. Ammo prices are still a touch high with a few exceptions and AR related tables are mostly swimming with Oly trash. Any decent ARs are still way overpriced. For me they're largely a waste of time unless I find a decent bolt action, it has been years since I felt like I got a great deal from a gun show.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I'd have to say that ordering online as of late has been the best way to get ammo for me. And I'd have to agree with spam w/ the freaking BO and jerky my wife says there should be a decontamination area at the gun show for some people. The best shows were right after Obama got elected just for the entertainment factor and shock of sticker prices.
    -BC

"I would never have a 7.62 as my primary home defense weapon. I mean by all means if I'm cleaning a 7.62 and some d-bag busts down my door I'll give him a bad day"

Downloads
    Uploads
    IMHO do not take your credit or debit cards with you :)
    Order ammo and parts on line...I just use a show to see what might be new. I don't seem to find great deals at shows anymore. Sometimes you will run into another show patron that has something good to sell out in the parking lot.

Downloads
    Uploads
    bypass the samurai swords, throwing stars, beef jerky, blow guns, stun guns, replica Rambo knifes... as a matter of fact, bypass the whole show as any more, gun shows are garage sales.

online ordering... the best way to go.