Thread: Builiding an AR

Topmaul Guest

Builiding an AR

Gents, I plan to build my first AR off a stripped special eddition Lower, this rifle will be my primary 3 gun rifle I want to build it myself so I will be asking for your advice, and knowledge from time to time.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Are you looking to build the upper yourself, are are you going with one already built up?

What parts are you looking at so far?

Topmaul Guest
    It depends on if I can find exactly what I want pre-made, I figured I could always have my local gunsmith do the brain work. He does not charge that much and does good work

Topmaul Guest
    My lower parts kit came in the other day, I thought I was getting a deal but there was no pistol grip no big deal I wanted to up grade that anyway.

I like to begin with the end in mind, in the end I want a damn nice 3 gun rifle.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Go with the MIAD. Best grip I've found.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I've used the Magpul MIAD a lot and it's a great grip, I find for my 3gun rifle and SBRs I like the TangoDown Battlegrip better.
    VA Arms Co FFL/SOT armorer
    certified HK-sidearms/S&W M&P/BUSHMASTER/GLOCK/SIG-Sauer LE/FNH-SCAR armorer
    competitive shooter sponsored by VA ArmsCo, W.A.R. rifles, BravoCoUSA, BCM, Bobro Engineering, Magpul, Magpul Dynamics, Hatfields Gunsmithing and Greeley Custom

Topmaul Guest
    Thanks guys I will give it a try. I figure I can budget another $600.00 bucks on the this build I still need an upper barrel etc. I am a pretty strong guy I lift weights so, a little weight to the rifle is fine with me.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Top, if you want to PM me your address I've got a TD Battle Grip I'll send you. I like larger grips, so it has never really even been used. I put it on a rifle to try it out, didn't like it, and pulled it off. It is practically new if you want to try it.

Topmaul Guest
    Gents,
    I lost this thread, Let me get you up to date on the project, the SNS lowers are going to be shipped this month I hope currently I have been ordering stuff for my build. And upgrading my current AR at the same time. Here is my Olympic Arms Plinker with the Ace Stock and a grip pod.

https://www.agparms.com/product.php?...page=1&feature

Downloads
    Uploads
    Still got that TD grip if you want it.