Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Ear Muffs?

Downloads
    Uploads
    The Howard Leight Impact Sports were OK, but I didn't realize how bad they were until I got a pair of the Supreme Pro-X with gel seals. I was forced to do that when my second pair of Impact Sports went TU after 1.5 years. Ultimately, I was able to salvage one working pair by cannibalizing parts from one for the other. I was shocked at the lack of insulation, but probably shouldn't have been. Corners had to be cut to hit that $50 price point.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by CarlosDJackal View Post
    I use the same model and I highly recommend it. The only issu I have had is I can't seem to find the gel cups for this particular model.
    Try SRS Tactical. They sell Sordin parts and replacement "hygein gels".

Downloads
    Uploads
    Howard Leights. Used and abused and they're still rockin. When(or if) they do finally go I'll buy another pair.

Joe

Downloads
    Uploads
    Sonic Defender EP 7's under Howard Leight Muffs. I really didn't start doubling protection until I got into shooting big bore handguns and TC Contenders. First started using the "free" hearing protectors (the little yellow things you squeeze, they gave away at the base), under Muffs. Been the same since, not fancy but very, very effective.

As an aside, if helping someone new to shooting, I set them up like this. I found that nearly every time, that I could prevent someone from forming one, or getting rid of a flinch, in anticipation of the muzzle blast.

FT
    NRA Life Member
    Basket full of Deplorables Life Member

Downloads
    Uploads
    I have a pair of 3M Peltor Tactical 6s ear pro, went to them from the HL's. Seem to be of better stock.

Downloads
    Uploads
    MSA Pro. They are worth every penny.

Last edited by scotheocelot; 11 February 2014 at 08:23.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I use the Howard Leight Impact Sport and love them. Great for the money but if you shoot at an indoor range a lot I would consider some foam plugs for underneath or if this is all the shooting you do go with something else. It seems that the indoor range confuses the sound shutoff and it reacts slower indoors than out. Just my experience.
    Last edited by JPLMedic; 11 February 2014 at 20:09.