Thread: Which lower?

Downloads
    Uploads

Which lower?

I know a lower is a lower is a lower but I am just curious what lowers people like and if they were in the market for a lower what they would choose. I have a MUR upper and I am going to be picking up a Noveske Crusader barrel for this build, just not sure which lower to go after. I have been checking out the Noveske lowers, BCM lowers and LMT too. Don't mind if it's stripped, complete works too. Thanks.

Downloads
    Uploads
    So long as the holes and whatnot are in spec, a lower is a lower is a lower is a lower. It's the bits inside that matters.
    For a Noveske blem, you could get a Mega Billet lower. Hell, for $90ish, you can get a Spike's Tactical stripped lower.

Since you are dropping the coin on a good upper, and good barrel, there would be no downside to spending a few dollars more on a nicer lower. If it was my money to spend, it would be on a Mega Billet, or a Sundevil Billet.

Of course, you could save the money, and spend it elsewheres on other bits. just your call.

Just my $0.02.
    -Adam

Downloads
    Uploads
    My vote would be for Spike's great fit and finish with a good price. Get it with LPK installed.
    -BC

"I would never have a 7.62 as my primary home defense weapon. I mean by all means if I'm cleaning a 7.62 and some d-bag busts down my door I'll give him a bad day"

Downloads
    Uploads
    I tend to look at the shape of the front of the magwell in case I want to grip it there (a flared magwell is nice too). Before the B.A.D. was released I really wanted the ambi bolt catch controls, which pretty much means a POF, Magpul or Knights lower.

Right now I'm keen on the MEGA lower...but I don't like the round bulging trigger guard (same reason I didn't jump on a POF).

Downloads
    Uploads
    I have Mega lower from Rainier Arms, they are well made and are mil-spec. I guess it depends on how much you want to spend. A solid billet is nice, check with the Rainier Arms website and get an idea what you're looking for good luck.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I've got POF and SunDevil billet lowers. Only worth it for precision rifles IMO.

Any quality forged one will do - choose by looks. My favorites are my CMMG and Aero lowers - though MEGA, ST, DPMS, BCM, LMT, are all fine - there's more.
    S/F
    "There is no greater calling than to defend the life of a fellow Marine" - LtCol McClane, USMC

Downloads
    Uploads
    I like the TKS lower that Rainier has with the Flag etched on the front of the magwell. I'm not crazy about color fills or funky logos, but I do love that American Flag on there. It would look sweet with a MUR, and a Daniel Defense Lite Rail. That's kinda my next rifle build idea....

Downloads
    Uploads
    Thats good looking with the flag. My favorite "standard" lower is the Noveske, I simply like its clean looks. My favorite non-standard lower is the Magpul billet.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Thanks for all the great info. My favorite has always been the Noveske lower and i am pretty sure that is what i will end up going with. I just keep checking other ones out just to see what is out there. No one really offers a Noveske complete lower, I will have to buy the parts to put it together, correct? Which LPK do you all recommend?

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Stickman View Post
    My favorite "standard" lower is the Noveske, I simply like its clean looks. My favorite non-standard lower is the Magpul billet.
    Agree -- to the extent that every non-Colt lower I own is either a Noveske or a Magpul. :)

AC
    Stand your ground; don't fire unless fired upon, but if they mean to have a war, let it begin here. -- Captain John Parker, Lexington, 1775.

Downloads
    Uploads
    FWIW

Lower Receiver Comparison Photos

I have a couple more to add soon, I just need to finish stripping them out. One of them is a DSA that I pulled the Bill Springfield trigger out of when it started doubling.

The Defensive Edge is going to be SBR'd shortly. I need to get a UBR to build it up for function testing before I send off the paperwork, but Sully put a lot of thought into how these are machined.

I don't go in for the billet lowers.
    WWW.TACTICALYELLOWVISOR.NET

Downloads
    Uploads
    I have a couple Spikes lowers that are great for the money. If I was buying one today though I would go with the Mega Billet. I have a regular Mega and it is excellent.