Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I went with WileyX TAG-1's because I'm able to type while wearing them, which is fantastic in my job, but after only five months of solid use they look remarkably beaten up, and for the price the basic mechanix gloves work as well for most applications, and the rare times I find myself typing wearing gloves weren't worth the cost of the TAGs, especially when the Oakley's can work as well for typing using CF-18 toughbooks.
    Again, I know I have an odd usage, but a glove that fits all my needs has to be a flexible one, I'll take a look again in four months to see what new ones have come along.
    S/F
    "There is no greater calling than to defend the life of a fellow Marine" - LtCol McClane, USMC

Downloads
    Uploads
    I use Mechanix and when I need nomex gloves then Hatch Sog-600 is my choice.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Bringing this thread back from the dead. Used some PIG gloves all throughout the fall and winter. I tried some Mechanix just couldn't find a good fit with them. Just recently picked up some Setwear Stealth gloves to try for the spring and summer.

I love the way the PIG gloves feel and if the Setwear do not work out then the PIGs will be my go to gloves for all seasons.
    Just a regular guy.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Computalotapus View Post
    Bringing this thread back from the dead. Used some PIG gloves all throughout the fall and winter. I tried some Mechanix just couldn't find a good fit with them. Just recently picked up some Setwear Stealth gloves to try for the spring and summer.

I love the way the PIG gloves feel and if the Setwear do not work out then the PIGs will be my go to gloves for all seasons.
    I also love the PIG gloves. However, they (vendor) tell you up front that these gloves are NOT made for the long haul. In other words they are perishable gloves.

I like mine very much, however although they fit like a second skin, and are great for the range, I would not recommend them for hard core action, or SHTF gloves. They are thin, and if you're laying prone, in gravel and other sharp material, they fail in that part. So, like COMP said, they are useful in all seasons, I have to disagree, they are great for COMP's stated use, but they are thin, and you will suffer if you dive into a rocky, sharp rock type situation, and get a piece of rock in your palm.

My final word? They are great at the range. For hard core use, I'd pick something else.

FT
    NRA Life Member
    Deplorables Life Member
    Bible and Gun Clinger
    Filthy Stinking Wal Mart Shopper

Downloads
    Uploads
    I like the original Mechanix gloves, but I often use Fox mountain biking gloves too. They are very similar.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Count me as another PIG user...but I've successfully used a pair of Nike and another maker's thin cool-weather running gloves in training.