Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I'm thinking about hitting one of mine with alumahyde to see how that works out. I understand the next generation mounts are on the way, or will be shortly.

Downloads
    Uploads
    They are indeed. Make sure you degrease the life out of that thing before you preheat and spray....

Downloads
    Uploads
    Here's mine I just got last week...I love it! I could have chosen the LaRue, but simply went with the ADM because I like its looks and wanted something different than what most people already had. Good choice....it's a solid and well built mount.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I was admiring those pictures on another site, I like them.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Stickman View Post
    They are indeed. Make sure you degrease the life out of that thing before you preheat and spray....

Yea I learned my lesson. I shot a GI magazine, just for grins, with alumahyde and all I did was wash it off. It came out okay, but you can tell I didn't do any prep work on it.

BRD Jerm Guest
    any idea on the weight difference between the ADM Cantilever mount and the LT?

Downloads
    Uploads
    I've recently added a Weaver (Classic Extreme Rifle Scope 30mm Tube 1.5-4.5x 24mm Illuminated Dot #4) to the collection, installed in an ADM Recon mount. While the Weaver does not have a reputation as being high-end glass, it's very nice for the money. I'm looking forward to getting some more time behind this.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I almost forgot the Micro T-1 mount. It's been a great addition to the Colt 6520 conversion and stays with the lightweight plan for this carbine.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Just a side note..... Because I'm old and keep forgetting...

I have a standard height, straight up, ADM Aimpoint mount. It will not work with my older Aimpoint Comp M. The battery compartment lid is to large for it. So older Aimpoints may be out of luck. I suppose you could dremel away some material to make it work.

Downloads
    Uploads
    After reading several posts on the ADM Aimpoint mounts, I am now the proud owner of an ADM cantilever mount myself--now only if OpticsPlanet was not so swamped with orders then I would have an Aimpoint to put in that mount..........OpticsPlanet was very good about customer service though and since they were out of the Comp C3, they gave me a Comp ML3 at a very discounted price with three weeks less to wait--so they talked me into it.

On the ADM cantilever mount, this thing is solid on my flattop rail, but like most cantilever mounts, depending on your preference for position, it will obstruct any handguard removal or replacement (like the Magpul MOE handguards or a standard set) because it can hang over them, but since the ADM can be removed and replaced with relatively no effort it's not a problem. You could just move it back some on your rail if you plan to remove the handguards frequently, or get a free float tube that you do not intend to remove often. Bottom line: the ADM mount seems very functional, well-built, well-designed, is very light, and has style. Love the release lever.
    - Federalist22

Downloads
    Uploads
    hi guys,

is there a comparison/review of both the AD and the LaRue T1 Micro mount ? don't know which one to get...

Downloads
    Uploads
    ADM adjusts without tools.

ADM doesn't cam into the rail.

ADM is available in more heights, but that may or may not be an issue depending on your rail or receiver.

LT and ADM both have good warranty stats, both will work fine for most uses.

Other mounts would include KAC, ARMS, and GG&G. Bobro is coming out with one shorty IIRC. My T-1 lives happily in an ADM mount, and gets swapped around to a lot of different weapons. I've also used the ARMS T-1 mount and had good results, though I haven't used it much.

Downloads
    Uploads
    the digging into the receiver is also something that bothered me. thanks! I think I'll go ADM

Downloads
    Uploads
    I'm hooked on ADM now after buying their Aimpoint Cantilever; I also bought the Recon scope mount for my AR-10 24" bbl.
    - Federalist22