Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Downloads
    Uploads

Shooting glasses which do you prefer?

Which shooting glasses do you prefer? I am interested in the Wiley X PT-1 changeable lense system. Copquest.com has the 3 lense set for $99.00.

What do you guys like and where did you get yours?

Thanks

Downloads
    Uploads
    I'm partial to Oakley's myself. This stems from my time as a lifeguard where they were absolutely bombproof in/around the salt water. Since then (10 yrs ago now), they are all I've owned.

Personal frame choice for shoot are the Half Jackets, or the Flak Jackets, as you can change the lenses out in both.

-Adam

Downloads
    Uploads
    I'm an Oakley guy myself www.usstandardissue.com is where I purchase mine from they are insanely cheap so if you are mil police fed law enforcement or ems you really can't go wrong. I spend a ton of time on the water so I'm very picky about lenses.
    -BC

"I would never have a 7.62 as my primary home defense weapon. I mean by all means if I'm cleaning a 7.62 and some d-bag busts down my door I'll give him a bad day"

Downloads
    Uploads
    I wear Rudy Projects and did for years before I was sponsored by them

Since I am blind in one eye I need the best protection available and believe the ImpactX™ Photochromic lenses meet that requirement. Here's a link to more info: ImpactX

Here's a link to the Tactical page: Tactical Rudy's

Also, Rudy Projects have a 3 year manufacturers frame warranty and lifetime replacement lens guarantee (if you do manage to scratch a lens the cost to replace them is $19.95 no matter what type of lenses). Plus a 90 day money back return policy.

One more thing, I can offer anyone here a 40% discount on any Rudy Project Eyewear. Please let me know if you have any questions!

Brian

Downloads
    Uploads
    I like Oakley M frames but I have a lot of friends who shoot matches with me that really like the Rudy Project glasses.
    VA Arms Co FFL/SOT armorer
    certified HK-sidearms/S&W M&P/BUSHMASTER/GLOCK/SIG-Sauer LE/FNH-SCAR armorer
    competitive shooter sponsored by VA ArmsCo, W.A.R. rifles, BravoCoUSA, BCM, Bobro Engineering, Magpul, Magpul Dynamics, Hatfields Gunsmithing and Greeley Custom

Downloads
    Uploads
    I like the Oakley Ballistic M Frames for shooting.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by chico1911 View Post
    I wear Rudy Projects and did for years before I was sponsored by them

Since I am blind in one eye I need the best protection available and believe the ImpactX™ Photochromic lenses meet that requirement. Here's a link to more info: ImpactX

Here's a link to the Tactical page: Tactical Rudy's

Also, Rudy Projects have a 3 year manufacturers frame warranty and lifetime replacement lens guarantee (if you do manage to scratch a lens the cost to replace them is $19.95 no matter what type of lenses). Plus a 90 day money back return policy.

One more thing, I can offer anyone here a 40% discount on any Rudy Project Eyewear. Please let me know if you have any questions!

Brian
    I am very interested in 40% off some Rudy Project Eyewear but I'm not LE or MIL. Can you still offer me 40% off? I like the ZYON. Thanks

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by NickDrak View Post
    I like the Oakley Ballistic M Frames for shooting.
    Which lens would you go with? I like the VR28 lens with the black frame. But I can always buy more lenses like clear and grey so I have 3 in 1 set up. Thanks

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by WileyCoyote View Post
    I am very interested in 40% off some Rudy Project Eyewear but I'm not LE or MIL. Can you still offer me 40% off? I like the ZYON. Thanks
    Hi Wiley,

Yes you can receive the discount! I should have been more clear, anyone on the forum or anyone else you know can contact me for the discount info.

PM to follow with instructions.

Thanks!

Downloads
    Uploads
    I'm a big fan of Rudy Project glasses. I switched over to them a couple of years back after using Oakleys for a long time. IMHO, the Rudy glasses are much higher quality and tougher to boot. You will not be sorry.

BTW chico1911, do you know anything about the new ImpactRx lenses that have just been released?

Downloads
    Uploads
    Just wondering.. does any company make over the glasses safety glasses that doesn't make you look like your working in a lab?

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Mute View Post
    I'm a big fan of Rudy Project glasses. I switched over to them a couple of years back after using Oakleys for a long time. IMHO, the Rudy glasses are much higher quality and tougher to boot. You will not be sorry.

BTW chico1911, do you know anything about the new ImpactRx lenses that have just been released?
    I don't know a lot about the Rx part of the glasses, as I don't need corrective lenses (my left eye has 20/10 vision and my right eye is too bad to correct at 20/400). I heard great things about them from another member of our team. I do use the IMPACTX lenses in all my glasses for the added protection. Here's a couple videos that explain both the IMPACTX and IMPACTRX.

IMPACTX

IMPACTRX

Downloads
    Uploads
    Thanks everyone for all the questions and comments!

I will be out of town until Sunday, shooting the California State IDPA Championships.

Feel free to post questions or comments while I'm gone, but I will have to get back to you when I return.

Thanks!

Brian

Downloads
    Uploads
    ImpactRX sounds interesting. I was wondering how strong of a prescription can you put in them but keep the lens as thin as possible due to poor eye sight? Personally I don't want to wear a centimeter in front of my eye.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I tend to wear Rudy project and Oakley, the Wiley fell apart after some hard use.