Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Does anyone know if the 930 Road Blocker barrel will fit the 930 spx?

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by neobium View Post
    Which mod are you referring to? Do you have a link?
    If you look in the review section the Sidesaddle mod is described with pictures.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by myfreetb View Post
    Does anyone know if the 930 Road Blocker barrel will fit the 930 spx?

Yes, but I think you would have to use a shorter mag extension.

Downloads
    Uploads

mossberg 930 spx

Does anyone know of any videos on the disassembly of a Mossberg 930 spx..? it would be a lot of help

Downloads
    Uploads
    I found these ones to be helpful when I first got my 930SPX:

Part 1

Part 2

Downloads
    Uploads
    I just wrapped up my first encounter with Mossberg - I sent my new 930SPX in because the charging handle would not release a round into the elevator if I had more than 4 rounds in the tube, and because I couldn't get it to zero (had to aim ~2 feet low @ 30 yards). Mossberg sent me a shipping label and I sent the gun off to Contreres' Texas facility and I received the gun back about 6 days later - excellent turn-around time.

The accompanying documents said that my gun received a new barrel, new magazine tube (not the extension - the tube under the forearm), and new magazine spring. The new spring is much longer than the spring that was in it, and much longer than a replacement 590 Wolff spring I tried replacing it with originally to resolve my charging problems. The new, longer spring seems to have resolved my loading problem - I've read about other users on other boards experiencing similar problems, so I hope they stumble across this thread and get things resolved.
    I haven't had a chance to hit the range yet, but the gun did come back with a photocopy of a target that was shot at 40 yards - I trust the new barrel resolved the POA/POI issue.

All told, these guns are still pretty new to the market and I went in knowing I'd probably have some sort of problem. If a 6 day trip to the factory is all it takes to get this gun in working order, I'll be pleased with the purchase. The price point makes the 930 hard to beat for what you get...

Downloads
    Uploads
    6 days is very good. I usually replace all factory Mossberg springs regardless of the shotgun model. They are known for being weak and problematic.

Downloads
    Uploads
    What did you replace your 930 spring with? Last time I checked, Wolff didn't have a replacement - that's what lead me to try an increased strength 590 spring...

Downloads
    Uploads
    It was the generic Wolff shotgun tube spring. When I got a Nordic extension it came with another Wolff spring, and I trimmed it to length.

Downloads
    Uploads

Missing gas ring seal?!?!

Quote Originally Posted by Sparkz View Post
    Took my 930 SPX apart for cleaning the other day & couldn't locate the Gas Seal Ring that is shown in Fig 10 in the owners manual. Then I removed the threaded ring that holds the spring in the lug welded under the barrel & the gas ring was under the spring. When I re-assembled the gun I put the seal ring in front of the gas piston as shown on the diagram (Fig 10) but I'm not 100% certain that's correct. Anyone know where it's REALLY supposed to be located? I tried called Mossberg but couldn't get a live person to speak to.

Thanks
    I have the exact problem. Instead of the "gas ring" as described and depicted in the manual, mine had some extremely thin washer, about 1/32 thickness, that fit around the tube just fine in front of the gas piston (which has seal rings integral to the piston). After a few slugs, the weapon would not cycle buckshot. Upon dissassembly, no super thin washer, just disintegrated I believe. Gas seal problem bigtime here, as the gun won't cycle Federal buckshot for chissakes! I believe I am missing the proper seal! What gives? What does it look like? Anyone have a photo of their gas system disassembled? I appreciate any help here and thanks in advance.
    Last edited by O'DubhGhaill; 12 August 2010 at 15:51.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I recently purchased a 930 SPX for entry work. I have nothing but praise for its performance and on a normal training day, I will run through approximately 50 rounds of 00 buck. My department only issues low recoil ammo and what I have found is that if you don't hold it tight, which is sometimes difficult with that bulky vest, it will occasionally fail to eject the spent shell. Does anyone know of a fix for this issue?

Downloads
    Uploads
    I had a 930 jm pro for a while. It was great and I never had an issue but I think I've read they have issues with low power ammo. Some will say make sure it's good and broke in with high power loads and lube well. Some have found they were only able to shoot some low power stuff even after a good break in but not every low power brand. Doesn't sound like a lot of help but I think they are finicky when it comes to low power loads.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I have had a 930 SPX since around 2008. In its stock form it ate everything including 20 year old #8 shot and worked flawlessly. I added a Mesa Tactical side saddle and it was one problem after another. Its still fun to shoot occasionally bit I don't really trust it for duty use anymore. Maybe after a few hundred more rounds without issues.