Downloads
    Uploads

Magpul Rangerplates? worthwhile..

As you can see here I am asking a lot of questions on this forum. Everybody is watching their wallets also I guess I am on a quest to find gear that is truly functional and practical. Don't want to waste my time and money on items that are cool but don't enhance in some good way my ability to function.

Thanks for the replies,

Striker,

David

Downloads
    Uploads
    I have a bunch I'm not using. PM me and they're yours to try out. Cash is tight for everyone right now!!!

MOUNT-N-SLOT
    http://www.mount-n-slot.com
    Impact Weapons Components manufacturers Mounts and Components for AR-15's, ACR's & SCAR's

Downloads
    Uploads
    For STANAG/aluminum units, I don't think they're anywhere close to worth it. We have some in our Bn's inventory, and I'm trying to get them all to myself, but they're overpriced for that use.

On PMags, I see more of the use - they're tons cheaper, come color matched, and are much easier to use/install. Not that the basic PMag is as lacking, but I do run them on all my PMags, and just reverrt to using the old-school MagPuls on my aluminum mags.
    S/F
    "There is no greater calling than to defend the life of a fellow Marine" - LtCol McClane, USMC

Downloads
    Uploads
    We sell a ton of the P-mag Ranger Plates, but not as many alluminum GI types. I ended up keeping a good number of bags and will more than likely just run them on my shit hits the fan c-products mags. I like the concept, its a good move forward from the magpuls.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by TehLlama View Post
    For STANAG/aluminum units, I don't think they're anywhere close to worth it. We have some in our Bn's inventory, and I'm trying to get them all to myself, but they're overpriced for that use.

On PMags, I see more of the use - they're tons cheaper, come color matched, and are much easier to use/install. Not that the basic PMag is as lacking, but I do run them on all my PMags, and just reverrt to using the old-school MagPuls on my aluminum mags.
    180* opposite view. I find them completely useless on Pmags and in fact find that they make an already bloated profile even moreso. On GI mags they make the magazines easier to extract from a chest rig, ammo can, or other pouch, give better purchase in monopod prone, allow for more handling options across the board, etc.

Color matching is something that's never even crossed my mind with regards to magazines, but I do use different colored ranger plates to designate different ammo types.

I have them on all of my "go to" GI mags, and do not use them on any of my training Pmags at all.
    WWW.TACTICALYELLOWVISOR.NET

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by BlackWidow View Post
    We sell a ton of the P-mag Ranger Plates, but not as many alluminum GI types. I ended up keeping a good number of bags and will more than likely just run them on my shit hits the fan c-products mags. I like the concept, its a good move forward from the magpuls.
    The last magazine in the universe that I would rate up to the task of "SHTF" is crap-products. Just sayin.
    WWW.TACTICALYELLOWVISOR.NET

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by rob_s View Post
    180* opposite view. I find them completely useless on Pmags and in fact find that they make an already bloated profile even moreso.
    The PMags are bulky up top regardless of the baseplate. Since I've selected on mag pouches that work with this, running the older style Magpuls on my GI mags is less of a hassle - the GI Ranger plates are great units, my only issue is that most place they're the same price as the mag body.

I have no complaints overall as far as function of my PMags as monopods, and extracting from pouches - getting them under $20 apiece shipped new was my old arbitrary limit for magazine cost, with windows being an added bonus (from now, I'm giving up on the maglevel units, too little to gain)

I'm pirating your ammo indication using just the ranger plate idea (since this week I now have two types of duty loads - adding 70grTSX in 30rd mags to my pile of Mk318 will need to be differentiated - I had previously just use mag color/size)

When Crye gets around to releasing their MagClips (the MOLLE/belt version) I'll probably have to reevaluate, since that arrangement seems to be an ideal choice.
    S/F
    "There is no greater calling than to defend the life of a fellow Marine" - LtCol McClane, USMC

Downloads
    Uploads
    The last magazine in the universe that I would rate up to the task of "SHTF" is crap-products. Just sayin.
    Rob, have not had any issues with the C-Products mags yet, and have ran them quite a bit. Could you explain what issues you have had with them? I kept around 20 of them left over from a bulk order to keep loaded in cans. No Tilt followers, BT finish.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Also, to add... After doing a test with the chest rig on the GI Plates, I will be installing them on every mag in my inventory. I found it much easier to index the mags with gloves on, and I to will use them to color identify ammo rather than 100mph tape and a marker, or colored tape.

Downloads
    Uploads
    180* opposite view. I find them completely useless on Pmags and in fact find that they make an already bloated profile even moreso. On GI mags they make the magazines easier to extract from a chest rig, ammo can, or other pouch, give better purchase in monopod prone, allow for more handling options across the board, etc.

Color matching is something that's never even crossed my mind with regards to magazines, but I do use different colored ranger plates to designate different ammo types.

I have them on all of my "go to" GI mags, and do not use them on any of my training Pmags at all.
    I think Rob's comments are pretty close to perfect on GI mags with the Ranger floor plates. I also use the different colored Ranger's to differentiate between ammunition. I can't say enough good things about them...
    Specialized Armament
    (480) 940-7397
    sales@specializedarmament.com
    Quality Never Quits!