Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Downloads
    Uploads

SBR Lower Choice?

I am ready to buy a lower and do the paperwork to SBR it. What lower would you recommend purchasing? I am using a MUR upper for the build and a Geissele SSA trigger. Any input would be greatley appreciated!!

Downloads
    Uploads

Downloads
    Uploads
    i bought a Noveske lower for my build. It too will be a SBR with a MUR upper. Just my 2 cents.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Go with something you like. This is a lower that you will probably keep forever, or at least for a very long time. A couple extra bucks spent won't mean anything in a few years.

If I were doing it right now, I would go with either my Noveske, or Magpul C-series lower.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Thanks for the input. I think I will go with the Noveske. I havent seen any of Magpul's for sale and don't think i could shell out the dough on one anyways!!
    Thanks again!

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Stickman View Post
    Go with something you like. This is a lower that you will probably keep forever, or at least for a very long time. A couple extra bucks spent won't mean anything in a few years.

If I were doing it right now, I would go with either my Noveske, or Magpul C-series lower.
    May I ask where can I get the Magpul lower? Thanks.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Gunbroker, every so often. Typically they are stupidly expensive as they are so limited.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Magpul lowers typically only come on very limited edition Noveske releases. Each of those is usually around 50 units, there has been 3 if I remember correctly.

The stripped or complete lowers that are shown for sale are ones that were bought, and parted out.

In general, they are the hardest lower to find, and the most sought after by collectors. The C-series would be the hardest of them to obtain as they have never been sold, and the ones that were released were given away by Magpul to good friends and the "right people".

Downloads
    Uploads
    You also want to make sure the lower will work with the SBR upper that you are planning to use. There are a lot of times when people will pay for a $200 tax stamp to find an issue with a lower.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Personally, I own a lot of billet and different forged lowers, every time I get a new one I always go back to my Megas wondering why I deviated.
    I do not own a Mega billet yet, but their forged lowers are unbeatable in fit and finish, and I would recommend one of those since the new VLtor uppers are forged and a flatter finish than most billet lowers.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Since we're resurrecting this anyway, I'll bite, Stick: why recommend a MPL-C-series, and not an A-series; especially since only the MPL-A's have been commercially-released in any quantities? Does this all boil down to the "same difference" for the purposes of this discussion, or do you actually prefer the subtle differences of the MPL-C?

AC
    Stand your ground; don't fire unless fired upon, but if they mean to have a war, let it begin here. -- Captain John Parker, Lexington, 1775.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I picked up 2 CMMG stripped lowers.
    1 to SBR, the other for a middy fighting Carbine.

CXS
    Topher DiMauro
    G-Code Holsters
    www.tacticalholsters.com
    topher@tacticalholsters.com

Downloads
    Uploads
    SBRd my colt, lmt and armalite.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Got a Mega Billet GTR-3H on the way to Ident Marking on my SBR build. Beautiful receiver.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I ordered a Tactical Innovations lower specifically to build an SBR around - I prefer "multi" caliber marking because I have doubts about the 5.56 in reduced velocity, and I really don't want "5.56" stamped on a rifle that is some other caliber. The serial number is a little large for my taste (minor detail imo), but it is a high quality, clean piece with lots of room on the magwell for SBR markings. I also have one of their BDX lowers that is supposed to be on its way to becoming a 6.5 Grendel...but I have seen a couple pics of them as SBRs and am tempted....Stickman is right of course - it is probably a permanent addition to the collection, so don't worry too much about the expense.