Downloads
    Uploads

Midwest Industries Rails?

Are MI rails gtg? They are pretty cheap compared to other brands (troy, vtac, dd). I'm not ML or LE, but I only want to cry once, and don't want something that'll wiggle. I plan on mounting a red dot on it.

Specifically, I have an A2 rifle, and I don't want to replace the front sight. Is 12" the right size?

http://www.primaryarms.com/product.s...&categoryId=36 This is what I'm looking at right now.

Downloads
    Uploads
    That will work if you have the Rifle Length gas right now. That one that you linked is their new 1-piece handguard, which is similar to the YHM handguards. They are very good for the money. Also check out the YHM Diamond series handguards.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Are they the same diameter as YHM rails? I have a YHM lightweight on a 9mm upper, and it feels kinda chubby to me. Or am I nuts - are most rails about the same diameter?

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by paulosantos View Post
    That will work if you have the Rifle Length gas right now. That one that you linked is their new 1-piece handguard, which is similar to the YHM handguards. They are very good for the money. Also check out the YHM Diamond series handguards.
    So just to verify, I DON'T need a low profile gas block for a 12" rail?

Thanks.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by iamjonscranium View Post
    So just to verify, I DON'T need a low profile gas block for a 12" rail?

Thanks.
    You will not need a low profile gas block with the 12" handguards.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by paulosantos View Post
    You will not need a low profile gas block with the 12" handguards.
    Assuming you have a 20" barrel.

Just wanted to be clear about that because the OP says he has an "A2" but I don't see any mention of barrel or gas system length.
    WWW.TACTICALYELLOWVISOR.NET

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by rob_s View Post
    Assuming you have a 20" barrel.

Just wanted to be clear about that because the OP says he has an "A2" but I don't see any mention of barrel or gas system length.
    Or assuming he has a rifle length handuard right now.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by HeavyDuty View Post
    Are they the same diameter as YHM rails? I have a YHM lightweight on a 9mm upper, and it feels kinda chubby to me. Or am I nuts - are most rails about the same diameter?
    MI makes a nice rail for the money and is a good value. They are chubby in comparison to the more expensive rail systems due to the lack of machining that goes into these types of rails. The rails will feel very similiar to the YHM rails you are used.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by RainierArms View Post
    MI makes a nice rail for the money and is a good value. They are chubby in comparison to the more expensive rail systems due to the lack of machining that goes into these types of rails. The rails will feel very similiar to the YHM rails you are used.
    The chubbiness actually bothers me more than a bit, to the point that I've decided to replace the YHM on this 9mm upper with something else. I'm actually considering going to the other end of the diameter spectrum with a TRX Extreme 13".

Thanks for the info!

Downloads
    Uploads
    Hey guys, thanks for the help. I have a rifle length gas with a 17.5" barrel (cut from 20).

I found a used troy that I'm going with. It's about 5 ounces lighter than the MI SS I was looking at, and it's a quad rail.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I just recently re-installed my MI FF rails onto my A4gery......