Results 1 to 1 of 1
Thread: AR15 SIGHT ADJUSTMENT BASICS
15 November 2009, 14:01 #1Distinguished Member
- Join Date
- Aug 2007
AR15 SIGHT ADJUSTMENT BASICS
The following illustrations are not meant to detail the exact procedures involved with zeroing the AR15.
My intent is to help illustrate to the beginning shooter, utilizing the US military zero target, how the physical adjustments of the front and rear sight affect the Point Of Impact encountered when zeroing the weapon.
Seeing the question asked quite frequently over the years, I hope this will clear up: “Which direction do I move my sights, to move the point of impact?”
!!! SAFETY FIRST- BE A SAFE RESPONSIBLE SHOOTER !!!
Remember these basic safety rules whenever handling and firing your weapon:
- Always keep the muzzle pointed in a safe direction. Never sweep another shooter with your muzzle.
- Never point your weapon at anything that you do no intend to shoot.
- Keep your fingers off the trigger and out of the trigger guard until you are aiming at your target and ready to shoot.
- Always keep the safety in the SAFE position, especially when the rifle is loaded and cocked, and until you are ready to commence firing.
- Treat every weapon as if it is loaded…AT ALL TIMES.
- Be sure of your target and backstop before you shoot.
- Never shoot at hard, flat surfaces…bullets can ricochet.
- Wear hearing protection when shooting or in the vicinity of other shooters.
- Clean up your shooting area at the end of your range session. Always leave your shooting area in a condition better than it was when you arrived. If you pack it in, pack it out!