Page 11 of 65 FirstFirst ... 9101112132161 ... LastLast
    Downloads
    Uploads
    First let me thank all of the members of WEVO for the professionalism those who comment and participate bring to the forum. After lurking on this board gleaning information on the AR-15 variants, it is refreshing to see that not only are opinions and different tastes accepted, they are encouraged. I have seen many other boards where the banter is so brand loyal that scathing attacks by some enrage a group into a lynch mob mentality just because they choose brand x over brand y. It’s crazy, but it is funny to see… Anyway, WEVO has been my go-to site and I check it several times a day to read and learn, so I just wanted to thank all the members for your input and hope to add some of my own in the future.

A little about my first AR… In the early 1980’s I purchased a CAR upper kit (barrel, BCG, CH, carbine grips, and A1 style upper) the carbine style stock and the lower parts to build an AR at a gunshow. I then ordered a EA lower receiver, Colt armors manual, and a barrel wrench and built my first AR. I put it together and had a true “Frankengun.” It was not pretty and many parts were questionable as QC was not very good back in those days, but it did shoot and shoot. The typical story ensues, I got married, joined the air force, and soon what little money I had went towards more practical things like food and family.

My interest in AR’s was resurrected lately by chance when I pulled out the old “frankengun” and I soon was enchanted by the familiar call. I was hooked when I started frequenting WEVO and some other sites. The first thing I noticed during my hiatus was the advances to the AR-15 platform and the abundance of aftermarket accessories. It is beyond dizzying! Good dizzy though!

I recently purchased a rifle constructed for AR15.com for their 2009 SEBR and it is essentially a Spikes lower with their enhanced parts kit, an ACS stock, MOE grip, Spikes forged upper with a Daniel Defense CHF 16” midlength barrel and 12” Lite rail. The initial price was right and it would have been close to assemble it with parts purchased. Right now I am using Troy BUIS for shooting and have a Vortex PST 1-4 scope on order (backorder) along with a GG&G bipod to punch paper at the range. I doubt I will use the rifle for much more than punching paper, but that’s fun too!

I am now looking to build my next AR when the bills relax a little and would love to build a SBR using the CASV handguard, but I am still looking at others. Need to hit the lotto!

Anyway, just wanted to finally poke my head in and say Hi…

- Mike in Alabama

Downloads
    Uploads
    Welcome on board Mike!

Downloads
    Uploads
    hi everyone, i just signed up on this sight yesterday and already the information i have got from you guys have been invakuable!!!!!!!!! i loof forward to many many more product reveiws tech support threads !!! thanks for all the informatiomyou guys give out, as for my rifle its a dmps pather lite 16 inch carbine , i just got it a couple of weeks ago and have already added about 500 bucks of gear and replacement parts for it and im not even close to being done, thanks guys !!!

Downloads
    Uploads
    Welcome to Weapon Evolution Subsea39.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Howdy to everyone! Decided to register here after lurking a bit. I'm on a few other sites but got tired of the attitudes, fantasy talk, and general disrespect of other members. In addition to my other duites at work, I'm an agency armorer trained by Ken from SAW for about 6 years now. Love the AR/M16 system and can talk all day. I think this place fits me quite well!

If you guys need anything, give me a shout.

Hey Ken if you see this, "wallered out" lol

Downloads
    Uploads
    Welcome, I think a lot of us have been on Kens classes.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Yes indeed. They are usually a full class for us when we host.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Hi all. Great site! Like Dog said no attitudes here so far. Im fairly new to the AR to a degree. Had one in the Army but I was a Tanker and we didn't use it much. I ws into longrange/sniper shooting for a while but have kind of lost heart in it. I went from one extrem to the next. Now I got a woody for AR's and scatterguns. I have a DPMS which is fixing to get a different upper(Bravo or Spike's) also have a Stag. Both are 16" carbine length. Goin with a Middy now. Wish I had seen this site and another before I bought either. Neither have given me any problems. I just want one or two or three that I know wont give me problems.

Casey

Downloads
    Uploads
    Hey, new guy from Texas. Just signed up for this site after lurking for a few days. Outstanding site, with tons of information and very well organized. I'm new to long guns, but hopefully I'll stick around and learn as much as everyone here.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Welcome Gentlemen.

Downloads
    Uploads

Just joined

I just joined to learn more about ARs. Here is the Remington 700 SPS I just bought and I just ordered a Spike's tactical Middy LE. -Wade-

Downloads
    Uploads

Intro

I'd like to take the time to introduce myself. My name is Will. I am a former U.S Army Infantryman and U.S Coast Guard Gunners Mate. I am a certified armorer on a wide variety of weapon systems. For the last 5 years I have been working in Iraq and Afghanistan on various contracts with various companies and will be headed back to Afghanistan very soon.

I am also a member/ moderator on M4Carbine.net where I use the same screen name. Thanks.

Downloads
    Uploads
    A little bit about myself:

I do not come from a professional weapons related background. My profession for the past 25+ years is in the field of aviation maintenance- military, military contract, manufacturing and civilian aviation. As an FAA certified Airframe and Powerplant Technician with FAA Inspection Authorization, I have a variety of experience with both fixed-wing and rotor-wing airframes, reciprocating and turbine powerplants.

As a military veteran, I started my career in Army Aviation as an Aero Scout Crew Chief. I recently retired my tool box, and for the past 3+ years have been working on the Aircraft Quality Assurance/Airworthiness Certification side of aviation, currently involved with helicopter modifications and new system certification. As a life long shooter, I grew up with firearms and at an early age I learned to appreciate and respect them.

Combining my life long love for firearms, my military experience and technical background, I enjoy all aspects of the AR15/M16. The history and development, shooting, as well as building and maintaining.

I am by far not nearly as knowledgeable as those who call this their profession and will never claim to be. But through my on-line tutorials and tech information posted here at Weapon Evolution, I will make every attempt to pass along the knowledge and experience I have personally gained over the years from my involvement with the AR15, and from those who were so gracious enough to have helped me out.

Quib

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Iraqgunz View Post
    I'd like to take the time to introduce myself. My name is Will. I am a former U.S Army Infantryman and U.S Coast Guard Gunners Mate. I am a certified armorer on a wide variety of weapon systems. For the last 5 years I have been working in Iraq and Afghanistan on various contracts with various companies and will be headed back to Afghanistan very soon.

I am also a member/ moderator on M4Carbine.net where I use the same screen name. Thanks.
    Welcome IG!

Great to have you here!

Downloads
    Uploads
    Hey everyone. I have been creeping around for a few weeks. This forum is great. It has excellent information and pictures. I like that this is a very professional group of people. I am in no way associated with law enforcement or military. My background is in electrical engineering. I found this forum while looking for parts to add to my LWRC M6A2. I got the AR-15 bug about a year ago and I have been adding components as time/cashflow permits. I hope I can contribute something interesting. I have already learned a lot since I found this forum.