Page 2 of 65 FirstFirst 12341252 ... LastLast
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Army Chief View Post
    .... the Ansbach area (Illesheim and Katterbach)....

AC
    Know it all too well.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Army Chief
    ... primarily in Hanau for the first several years. [snip] we pulled the Aviation Brigade out of there around 2005. ... I did my share of time at Grafenwoehr and Hohenfels, too.
    AC

Know it all too well.

Quote Originally Posted by Quib
    (Quoting AC) ... the Ansbach area (Illesheim and Katterbach) ...

Gentlemen: I wasn't too far out your neck of the woods. I was assigned in Schweinfurt from 2002-2006 with an obligatory fieldtrip down range in 2004. Last Graf Jan 06. Prefer not to remember Hohenfels. Grew up in Hanau in the late 70s when my dad was still in. We loved it in Northern Bavaria and family wants to go back.

Tried like the devil to go to Ansbach, but no luck. We had native friends about 30 mins south of there that were our BOL.
    Place your clothes and weapons where you can reach them in the dark. - R. Heinlein
    Always stand on principle, even if you stand alone. - John Quincy Adams
    Fortis cadere, cedere non potest - A brave man may fail, but he cannot yield.

My Blog

Downloads
    Uploads
    I've been here for a while. I think I have a grand total of 5 posts. More of a keep my mouth shut and learn for a while.

I'm a 21 year old guy in the EMS Academy right now. Probably going Fire soon. I shoot 3-gun and do the occasional course when one fits in budget. I really like doing the whole "basement gunsmithing". I just got done building my AR, and I'm working on an AK right now.

This site has been a huge help with my AR. From installing things to making decisions on parts based off of your guy's reviews. Hell, I've even put off on some things just becasue Stick gives the heads up that something else is coming out soon.

Anyways, great site, no bull, amazing resource.

All the best,
    -Matt

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by chem_guy View Post
    Last Graf Jan 06. Prefer not to remember Hohenfels.
    First Hohenfels was a gunnery in the summer of 1985. At that time Hohenfels was a live-fire range. Last Graf’ was a winter gunnery in 1993.

I ETS’d and did a European Out shortly thereafter, and remained in the Illesheim/Ansbach area as a DOD civilian.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by chem_guy View Post
    Prefer not to remember Hohenfels.
    Don't you love those -17°C winters?

I enjoyed my stay there.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike View Post

I enjoyed my stay there.
    Hohenfels was where I had my first experience with Germany’s wild boars. No one bothered to tell me about them until AFTER guard duty the next morning.

ETA: One thing I liked about going to Hohenfels, is one of my sister-in-laws lives not too far away in Schwandorf. So, Frau Quib could stay at her sisters place, and pay me visits while I was in the field.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike View Post
    Just thinking about it brings back memories of REFORGER.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I've been checking out this forum for a while, but until now finally decided to register. I always had an interest in firearms and the like. This forum seems like a great community unlike some other ones I've seen. Look forward to expanding my knowledge here.

Currently, I'm at VMI and on track to a commission in the army. Yeah, I'm one of those ROTC kids...

Downloads
    Uploads
    I'm new, but I've been lurking for while. The photography on this site is fantastic, and the reviews and how-tos informative, but concise.

I'm just a civilian with no LE or military experience, and I hope to learn a lot from the community here.

So far I have assembled my lower and attached a CTR stock. I'm getting ready to get an upper, but I could also wait a few more weeks. Been eyeing the Spike 16" melonite ones.

Thanks for the great posts, and I'm looking forward to more!

Downloads
    Uploads
    Welcome to Weapon Evolution gentlemen.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Hey Guys,
    New to this forum, but see alot of guys from the other ones. Looks like alot of good info coming through here. Hope to learn more.

Thanks
    Brad
    Dead men tell no tales!

Downloads
    Uploads

Downloads
    Uploads

Thumbs up Howdy!!

Howdy Folks!!!

Just found the site and thought I'd check it out... Very nice!!! Especially the section on my favorite.... The 6.8SPC!!! If fact, way back when, it was PauloSantos that was a huge help in getting me started in the 6.8!! Now, a while later, I'm hooked!!! Now a proud owner of a precision AR and a registered SBR, both chambered in 6.8!

Well times a wasting! So much to see and here I am just typin' away...

See ya on the boards!!

Dan
    Last edited by moose-hunter; 8 December 2009 at 22:45.

Downloads
    Uploads

Downloads
    Uploads
    Hey! FNG here. Stopping in to say hello. I have been reading this site for quite sometime but just decided to sign up. Lots of good info without all the "other stuff."
    There is a world of compliance, then there is my world.