Page 56 of 65 FirstFirst ... 6465455565758 ... LastLast
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Pyzik View Post
    That's better. You used the magic word

Downloads
    Uploads
    Hi Y'all,

I registered a while back (in 2008), but have been more of a lurker than anything. I thought I'd post a little bit about myself since I'm starting to post here a bit more.

I'm a police officer in the Dayton, Ohio area (but not for Dayton PD). I've worked in and around law enforcement as both a dispatcher and police officer since 1988. I've been both a firearms instructor and SWAT Team member. At my current department I'm assigned to uniform patrol and am also an armorer (attended Colt's AR/M4/M16 Armorer Course last year). Lord willing and the creek don't rise, I'm going to be trying out for SWAT again this spring (I was on SWAT at my original department in Northern KY in 1992/1993) and I would dearly love to get my hand back into instructing.

I also served in the US Army (Reserve) from 1985 to 1991 (MOS 97E - Russian) and ETSd an E-5. Never got to deploy anywhere. Makes me hold my manhood kinda cheap when I see kids less than half my age with CIBs, but I'm still proud of having served... even if it was as a REMF/POG/MI Dweeb. :)

I'm pretty big into 3-Gun and USPSA, traditional irish music (I play whistle and flute) and redheads... well, one redhead in particular - my completely, totally awesome wife. I won the lotto when she agreed to go out with me. I really did.

I have three dogs - Original Mountain Curs. Anyone who's been in the not-people photo thread has probably seen Ben, Grace and the new pup Sam. They're a handful, but they're great dogs.

These posts always crack me up with how much they sound like some kind of dating website profile.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Buckeye67 View Post
    Hi Y'all,

I registered a while back (in 2008), but have been more of a lurker than anything. I thought I'd post a little bit about myself since I'm starting to post here a bit more.

I'm a police officer in the Dayton, Ohio area (but not for Dayton PD). I've worked in and around law enforcement as both a dispatcher and police officer since 1988. I've been both a firearms instructor and SWAT Team member. At my current department I'm assigned to uniform patrol and am also an armorer (attended Colt's AR/M4/M16 Armorer Course last year). Lord willing and the creek don't rise, I'm going to be trying out for SWAT again this spring (I was on SWAT at my original department in Northern KY in 1992/1993) and I would dearly love to get my hand back into instructing.

I also served in the US Army (Reserve) from 1985 to 1991 (MOS 97E - Russian) and ETSd an E-5. Never got to deploy anywhere. Makes me hold my manhood kinda cheap when I see kids less than half my age with CIBs, but I'm still proud of having served... even if it was as a REMF/POG/MI Dweeb. :)

I'm pretty big into 3-Gun and USPSA, traditional irish music (I play whistle and flute) and redheads... well, one redhead in particular - my completely, totally awesome wife. I won the lotto when she agreed to go out with me. I really did.

I have three dogs - Original Mountain Curs. Anyone who's been in the not-people photo thread has probably seen Ben, Grace and the new pup Sam. They're a handful, but they're great dogs.

These posts always crack me up with how much they sound like some kind of dating website profile.
    Welcome welcome! Sounds like your knowledge will be valued here. Look forward to seeing you around!
    "Always do more than is required of you"
    - General George S. Patton

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Farva View Post
    Welcome welcome! Sounds like your knowledge will be valued here. Look forward to seeing you around!
    Yes. Welcome. You sound knowledgable and good hearted.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Facebook - Marty Callan

Downloads
    Uploads
    Hi Y'all,
    Welcome aboard. While I am inclined to dislike you based on being a Buckeye and I being a UW Badger, I think we'll get along fine

Downloads
    Uploads
    I have to develop a hatred for Big 10 rivals as the Terps are new to that division. Watching the Terps smack around Wisconsin sure was nice the other night. LMAO

Downloads
    Uploads
    Welcome ! Looking forward to you sharing with us.

And, I like long walks on the beach
    NRA Benefactor Member
    NRA Certified Instructor

"I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, and I won't be laid a hand on."
    John Wayne - "The Shootist"

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by SINNER View Post
    I have to develop a hatred for Big 10 rivals as the Terps are new to that division. Watching the Terps smack around Wisconsin sure was nice the other night. LMAO
    Live it up

Downloads
    Uploads
    Thanks everyone!

Quote Originally Posted by CK 187 View Post
    Welcome aboard. While I am inclined to dislike you based on being a Buckeye and I being a UW Badger, I think we'll get along fine
    No need to worry. I'm not an OSU fan (or any kind of sports fan really... unless it involves a trigger, that is). A "Buckeye" was simply someone from Ohio before OSU co-opted it. :)

Downloads
    Uploads
    Welcome you new guys. We are all sans borders here. We Minnesotans frolic with cheeseheads and even Iowans who can figure out which end of a Pmag to insert. Just don't rub it in how can friendly your state is. That's plain cruel.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Uffdaphil View Post
    and even Iowans who can figure out which end of a Pmag to insert.

LMAO

Downloads
    Uploads
    Hello from the Kansas City Area. Just found this place, and really like it. Looking forward to reading over the threads.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by 19Delta302Bravo View Post
    Hello from the Kansas City Area. Just found this place, and really like it. Looking forward to reading over the threads.
    Welcome to WEVO. I'm from the Texas coalition. This is a pretty good group here. Usually civil :) and very informative.
    Facebook - Marty Callan

Downloads
    Uploads
    Welcome aboard.
    DEUTERONOMY 6:5
    flickr
    facebook
    The gift of mental power comes from God, Divine Being, and if we concentrate our minds on that truth, we become in tune with this great power - Nikola Telsa

Downloads
    Uploads
    Welcome to WEVO - glad to have you here.
    NRA Benefactor Member
    NRA Certified Instructor

"I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, and I won't be laid a hand on."
    John Wayne - "The Shootist"