Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Surefire Earpro

Downloads
    Uploads

Surefire Earpro

Does anyone have experiance with the surfire brand of ear pro?

http://www.surefire.com/EP3-Sonic-Defenders

Downloads
    Uploads
    They work pretty well. I wouldnt use them at the range, I would use them in a real situation because they only block a certain amount of sound while still allowing you to hear. Hunting would be a good example. They are also becoming very popular with musicians.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Outdoors, they work pretty well for me. At the indoor range, not so well but the sound is more compressed at the indoor range while outdoors the sound has more room to disperse. I have a few pairs that I keep in the range bag and in the manpurse for different sitautions.

Downloads
    Uploads
    see my thoughts minus combat pics

Downloads
    Uploads
    I have a pair and like them. They are very comfortable and fit well. In a indoor range they are a little loud depending on what your (or those around you) are shooting. Outdoors they are fine.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I was issued a pair at work and use them everyday I'm on duty whenever running equipment. They work great for what I use them for.
    -Mitch-

Downloads
    Uploads
    My pair works great...I have yet to use them indoors though, but they have a stopper on each one that is supposed to keep out more sound than normal

Downloads
    Uploads
    worked good at the last mpd class nolacopusmc and myself ran them

Downloads
    Uploads
    I used them at the indoor range two weeks ago and they worked just like regular ear plugs. I had the stoppers in the whole time so I really didn't test them (open) but I did find them to be a bit uncomfortable, slightly too big, after around 20 minutes and I ended up swapping them back out for the normal foamies.
    American defense... preferred by 9 out of 10 small countries!

Downloads
    Uploads
    That reminds me. . . make sure you get the correct size. They come in sm, med, and lg
    -Mitch-

Downloads
    Uploads
    As long as you know the sizing has nothing to do with the ear canal. I got fitted with reusable plugs back on the ship but the sizing was directly related to the ear canal itself not the outside of the ear. http://www.surefire.com/pdfs/EP3_sizingchart.pdf
    American defense... preferred by 9 out of 10 small countries!

Downloads
    Uploads
    I had the opportunity to wear one at an anti-war demonstration, needless to say, I couldn't hear what the young man had to say to me but his hand gesture did catch my eye.

I wore the SF EP3 with the plug in-to block out the louder sounds. I have them as a handy ear protection for patrol use and in quick second can covert them to plug into my radio ear piece/wiring. I found the fitting comfortable and wore them for extended use during the anti-war protest-18 hrs.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I have mixed feelings about mine. I like them because you can hear conversasions better than with traditional plugs and they do block out the blast. However, I've found that when shooting a rifle were my head is slightly turned to get a sight picture the "seal" is broken and they stop functioning. I have to push them in and get the seal again, but I feel like they are touching my brain... The size seams to be correct. Is what it is.

-T

Downloads
    Uploads
    I've been using mine almost exclusively at indoor ranges to see how I like them. I was less than impressed with them at first. Shooters next to me were still pretty loud, then I realized that while I could still feel the blast, my ears were nowhere near the painful point. Also, I could clearly hear what people were saying without the need to raise our voices. With the stoppers in, I found them to be quite good. For me the EP4 are comfortable enough to run for hours at a time.

I cannot use them indoors without the stoppers in if I shoot my AR. Outdoors, I am able to dispense with the stoppers with whatever I've shot so far, 9mm, 40, and 5.56. Haven't tried them with my -06 yet though.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I use them. You can close the "hearing hole" with the attached plug which increases the noise reduction. I wear them under muffs indoors. Great for hunting or kept handy stowed in your go bag.