Downloads
    Uploads
    I'm totally in.

Downloads
    Uploads
    In.

Downloads
    Uploads
    That's it fellas! Thanks. IT'll be around two weeks. Cheers.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I'm in

Downloads
    Uploads

Downloads
    Uploads
    Dang stupid timezones. Now us Eurotrash have to wait till these reach the shelves. And I so wanted to be the first "Old Continent" beta-tester. Oh well, better luck next time.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Damn! I posted this morning on this thread and had to go to work, so I missed the offer. Ouch. Guess I will have to wait till it hits the dealers.
    Last edited by federalist22; 2 December 2009 at 14:51.
    - Federalist22

Downloads
    Uploads
    What texture does he have on his XTM panels?

Quote Originally Posted by rebelEMPIRE View Post
    Last edited by federalist22; 2 December 2009 at 15:57.
    - Federalist22

Downloads
    Uploads
    I'm joining in a day late and a dollar short, but it would appear that we can glean at least three things from this thread:

1. There is nothing new under the sun. Similar concepts have been discussed here and elsewhere before, and I was exploring the utility of wedge-based VFG solutions around this same time last year. Anyone remember this mockup?

2. The conventional VFG, while still useful, hasn't emerged as the end-all, be-all solution for every application. No doubt this runs contrary to the expectations of many in the community at large -- though it really shouldn't have for anyone that was paying attention to real-world feedback from the field.

3. Ever-true to their vision for innovation, it took Magpul to bring this from design to distribution. I've always found it curious that the team had never sought to introduce a VFG concept prior to this, and it would appear that they were simply waiting for the right idea. Score another solid win for the boys north of Boulder.

I didn't make the top 10, but I'll surely be moving in this direction nonetheless. This is truly an idea whose time has come.

AC
    Stand your ground; don't fire unless fired upon, but if they mean to have a war, let it begin here. -- Captain John Parker, Lexington, 1775.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I definitely remember reading about it, AC. I wonder who came up with the idea first though.

Textured XTM panels. Digital CTR Stock. Angled Foregrip. --They're all teasers, but I wonder what else Magpul may be hiding up their sleeves! I guess you can say I'm excited. lol

Sadly I didn't get in, myself. Honestly was up all night thinking we might get an offer only to fall asleep around 08:00 AM. Regardless, it won't be long until we all get our hands on one--patience.

-rebelEMPIRE

Downloads
    Uploads
    I can't believe I missed it at all three places. That's what I get for working a fatal yesterday... I should have ducked the page!

Downloads
    Uploads
    I could be wrong but I believe the textured XTM panels are probably done with a soldering iron or something similar in a woodworking kit. Close to or same concept as people doing their own texturing to their Glock grips etc.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by rebelEMPIRE View Post
    I wonder what else Magpul may be hiding up their sleeves!
    I'm not sure if this, http://www.magpul.com/pdfs/fmg9.pdf, has been posted on here before but leave it to Magpul to tease me with the only way I think I'd buy a glock. As for the AFG, I'm saving my money for ammo right now. I made myself a deal, nothing new for the rifle until I have alot more range time with it but who knows, I like the idea and 6 months from now I may pick one up if you guys can convince my that it's the greatest thing to come along since the advent of cheese.

AC, who knows, maybe your article was a spark or more fuel for the fire during the design of AFG.
    American defense... preferred by 9 out of 10 small countries!

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Keebsley View Post
    I could be wrong but I believe the textured XTM panels are probably done with a soldering iron or something similar in a woodworking kit. Close to or same concept as people doing their own texturing to their Glock grips etc.
    I have seen some people spraying or brushing on a maritime (boat) floor texture coating (kinda rubbery grippy) like the one used on this guy Toby's Rem700 5R MilSpec (I have one of these rifles--the article is great, so is the gun) - http://www.tobystactical.com/
    - Federalist22

Downloads
    Uploads
    Wow! Missed it on my own thread!!! No computer access at 12,500 MSL.