Downloads
    Uploads

Noveske Measurement Request

Just wondering if someone could give me an overall length measurement on a Noveske N4 Light Recce (16" barrel of course) with a UBR (collapsed). Looking at an Eagle rifle case to go along with my post-deployment present! Thanks in advance for your help!
    "War endures. As well ask men what they think of stone. War is always here. Before man was, war waited for him. The ultimate trade awaiting the ultimate practitioner." -C. McCarthy 'Blood Meridian'

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by OUTLAW2 View Post
    Just wondering if someone could give me an overall length measurement on a Noveske N4 Light Recce (16" barrel of course) with a UBR (collapsed). Looking at an Eagle rifle case to go along with my post-deployment present! Thanks in advance for your help!
    If this gives you a ball park....

My Noveske N4 Light LoProfile (14.5" barrel) with collapsed Magpul CTR stock is 32". So a Light Recce same setup would be 33.5 inches....

I would get a minimum 36" case, or maybe a 40". I have the 36" long Larue Tactical soft case and I keep my rifle in it fully loaded (30 rnd mags), stock extended and ready to rock. To do the same with a Light Recce you will probably want a 38-40" case.
    Last edited by CAPT KIRK; 1 January 2010 at 21:01.
    "God made Cops, so Firemen could have Heroes."
    "We sleep safe in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm."

Praise be to the LORD my Rock, who trains my hands for war, my fingers for battle. Psalm 144:1

Downloads
    Uploads
    My UBR with Noveske upper, 16" fits in a 36" soft case. Seem like there was a 1" of space on both sides. I believe the case I was using was from Spike's Tactical.. which I'm not sure who the manufacture was made by. Note my 5.11 36" also fits the rifle nicely.

Downloads
    Uploads
    hey guys - thank you for the reply and more importantly the support! i really appreciate the information and reccommendations! i have had good experiences over the years with Eagle products - my tan AIII has been to hell and back. the pro shooters bag and sport bag are fantastic as well. i was considering the Eagle model 3223 rifle case or one of the LE model discreet cases. any experience with these? ive got a storm im3100 in storage so i just need something simple but durable enough to take to the range or out in the woods of upper michigan.

ive read that the inside measures 34" on the 3223 rifle case. if the Recce with the UBR and possibly (leaning toward) the SureFire FH556-212A measures 33.5-ish, is that too tight or just 'snug'?? thoughts??

anyway, thanks again - looking forward to this project!
    "War endures. As well ask men what they think of stone. War is always here. Before man was, war waited for him. The ultimate trade awaiting the ultimate practitioner." -C. McCarthy 'Blood Meridian'

Downloads
    Uploads
    i just realized this thread needs to be moved to the 'AR-related' section....