Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: SHOT Show 2010

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Stickman View Post
    I can't imagine what the gas costs would be for that pig driving it down from Boulder to Vegas.
    Is it gas or diesel? My only experience with Unimogs were the SEE trucks we used to have at my unit.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Tim_AZ View Post
    Any chance you can swing by the Beretta booth and get some info on the PX4 Sub-Compact in .40 S&W? I’d sure like to have one if they ever plan to release it.

I'll make a note of it.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Rumors of the Ruger LCR in .357mag... that would bee neat to see.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Good rumor, I'll have to check it out.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Optimus Prime View Post
    Rumors of the Ruger LCR in .357mag... that would bee neat to see.
    I just read about this on the firearms blog..... there will be an LCR in .357.

http://www.thefirearmblog.com/blog/2...ng-in-357-mag/

Downloads
    Uploads
    I've had a few people email me about Robinson Arms suing Magpul & Remington in the past few days. The general thought is that they are trying to block the ACR release.

Check out the below link for more info, and the reason for the lawsuit. When you read the reason, think about the FN FAL....

http://soldiersystems.net/2010/01/15...ra-and-magpul/

Downloads
    Uploads
    Looks like FN announced their .45 tactical pistol already.

Downloads
    Uploads
    The new "Colt Tactical" line is already announced, and is geared towards an upper end crowd using off the shelf components. They used a non-LE/ non-MIL/ non-trainer guy for intel as to what the tactical community wants, and built up weapons from there (thats the info I was given, and from a reliable source).

Depending how you look at it, that may be a fantastic move. The name of the game for Colt is increased sales, and the LE/ MIL crowd isn't purchasing in droves right now when it comes to sales outside of the already established GOV contracts. Hitting the guys who are buying because they have the free cash might be a slick idea. I think we saw Bushmaster do the same thing last year with their "custom shop", but I have no info on how well thats done for them.

Colt is a solid name, and needs to push back into the American gun owners hearts. I hope this is a legit move on their part. If they were looking for out of the box superior tactical weapon systems..... I've got mixed feelings.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Optimus Prime View Post
    Is it gas or diesel? My only experience with Unimogs were the SEE trucks we used to have at my unit.
    It's an Unimog 416 Doka. It was built by http://www.couchoffroad.com/ They were made in the 70's. My guess is that it was trailered as they are slow even with the 'Fast' axles.

Downloads
    Uploads

Well, dear guys from Magpul, if you need someone to T&E this stuff... *cough*
    Last edited by Mike; 18 January 2010 at 05:18.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Looks like someone leaked the PDF....

Downloads
    Uploads
    As far as I know you can download it on their website since... well... yesterday?

Downloads
    Uploads
    I know it was up along with the new site for a few minutes, can you still see it on your end? I've had the PDF for weeks, but I can't release pictures on my end until Magpul blesses off on it.

Once they give the go ahead, I've got a bunch of pictures to bring out of the admin/ staff area and post aside from whats shown in the catalog.

Downloads
    Uploads
    At least the new website seems to be reacheable although there are still some minor errors to be seen.
    From there you can proceed to register to download the catalog and the website says "download catalog today":

http://www.magpul.com/catalogsignup.html

Not sure if it will be available instantly, obviously it worked for a short period, haven't tried myself. Hope that this doesn't blow up any of Magpuls secret squirrel cages...

Nice stuff in there, for sure!

Downloads
    Uploads
    Whoa!!!! That Magpul catalog has a lot of new stuff in it!

I hate to spoil things for anyone, or get smacked for blurting things out that I saw in the catalog, but Magpul keeps coming up with awesome stuff. Based on the quality of the Magpul components we use today, I think we can expect more reliable and efficient performance from their new products, so here is a short list from the online PDF catalog.

- 40rd PMAGs (mag level)
    - Vertical grips (Rail and MOE)
    - MOE Handguards (Rifle and Mid + carbine)
    - MOE+ Grip (rubberized)
    - Gen2 MBUS
    - iPhone cases (I am getting my wife one in Foliage)
    - Rail Sling Attachment (RSA)
    - MS3 sling (looks like new hardware on the sling)
    - Things already in circulation: BAD, PMAG 20LR, AFG, MIAD, ASAP, PRS, CTR, ACS, UBR, XTM, MOE rail sections (plus light mount section), etc.
    - HK and Euro platform mags, SCAR selector set (safety)

I can't wait for Stickman to post some pics!
    - Federalist22