Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Paulo,

Here is what I was told and could figure out concerning the iMod stock which is set to eventually replace the Mod stock. The initial differences most will notice is its smaller, lighter and more streamlined shape, the IMod will also have a rolled toe on the bottom and a rubber butt pad. The iMod will have an NSN and will also be an OEM part for the Colt Tactical series of rifles and carbines.

Dutch
    si vis pacem para bellum
    Colt M16 Armorer, Colt 1911 Armorer, Glock Armorer

Downloads
    Uploads
    I wonder if this collar will fit on the thicker Noveske barrels?

Downloads
    Uploads
    $400 with the mount is definately going to get people into the supressor market that wouldn't have been before.

I think Vltor's overall reputation will make this a winner if the price stays where it's at currently. It's definately got me interested and if I wasn't looking at moving to a state that allows ownership but doesn't allow you to shoot with them I'd definately start saving.
    Last edited by bigcoastie; 22 January 2010 at 04:27.
    -BC

"I would never have a 7.62 as my primary home defense weapon. I mean by all means if I'm cleaning a 7.62 and some d-bag busts down my door I'll give him a bad day"

Downloads
    Uploads
    A mount that lets you use ANY flash hider or comp you want that will fit inside should attract people, let alone the price.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Wow! There is actually something interesting from SHOT this year.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Policetacteam View Post
    I spoke with Vltor today and the word is the IMOD stock will replace the original MOD stock! This makes sense because the two are nearly identical other than the needed upgrades which it borrowed from the EMOD stock. Pictures and prices could be out as early as Tuesday on Vltors site. The IMOD should remain fairly close in price to the MOD stock too. That's great news for those of us slated to spend more than we make in a year.

As for the cans...I think if any company can make the transition to suppressors Vltor is it! Their reputation for continuously producing quality products has proven year after year. In a market that continues to grow and expand it seems Vltor has proven its ability to evolve!

Quote Originally Posted by Dutch View Post
    Paulo,

Here is what I was told and could figure out concerning the iMod stock which is set to eventually replace the Mod stock. The initial differences most will notice is its smaller, lighter and more streamlined shape, the IMod will also have a rolled toe on the bottom and a rubber butt pad. The iMod will have an NSN and will also be an OEM part for the Colt Tactical series of rifles and carbines.

Dutch
    Thanks for the info guys. I'm a huge fan of the Vltor stocks.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by SDDuc996 View Post
    I wonder if this collar will fit on the thicker Noveske barrels?
    This is the big question for me. I run several non-m4 profile barrels. Will this system work on a light-weight barrel?

Downloads
    Uploads
    Hey gang- not so sure why it took me so long to register for this site, but there you have it. Anyhoo, I have been trading emails back and forth with one of the reps from Vltor for the last several months, and there is not much update as of right now. Vltor has apparently been busy with mil projects, etc, so it has been slow going with the Volks project but it IS still being worked on as of last email I got from him a few weeks ago.

To confirm a few things- it IS being designed for 12.5" barrels and at least as of right now, the collar is being designed to fit barrels .75" and under.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Yay 12.5" barrels. Thanks for the info Hank!

Downloads
    Uploads
    No worries- if I get any more info (especially anything resembling ETA) I'll post it up.