Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by JLSKIP View Post
    A. Because that's what America stands for, this is NOT A DEMOCRACY, NOR SHOULD IT BE.

B. I'm sure that anti gun folks feel the same way about your 2nd Amendment rights.

C. The First Amendment. I would expect the government to ask for the removal of serial numbers that were "PraiseAllah001" or "ThereIsNoGod001". I don't feel that it is appropriate for military hardware to reference religion or irreligion.
    Personally I don't care if people believe or not. I am a believer.

Navy EOD get's tasked to work with the Secret Service quite frequently. A good buddy of mine who is always in DC for that reason took my wife and I to the memorials. He showed us the latest one, the WWII memorial. Looked great until one of the things he pointed out was this one doesn't reference God ANYWHERE on purpose.

I thought that was pretty sad as it's sad Trijicon has to remove those inscriptions.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Sad, perhaps, but also rational.

We have to keep in mind that we're talking about items produced for a military contract that will be employed in parts of the world where our adversary (however wrongly) believes that he is engaged in a war defined in religious terms. We focus on country -- he sees only creed.

Unless it is just too difficult to run two separate production processes, I wouldn't expect the inscriptions to disappear from units offered for commercial sale. That's really another discussion entirely, but as I said from the onset, what bothers me most about this is not whether we happen to agree or disagree on expressions of faith, but rather that the media chose to give so much needless attention to a story that they knew had the potential only to incite.

AC
    Stand your ground; don't fire unless fired upon, but if they mean to have a war, let it begin here. -- Captain John Parker, Lexington, 1775.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I remember when the news media used to be about reporting facts. Now, most of the news media is all about entertainment and stirring the pot. I've wondered if Jerry Springer is actually running the news media.

I've read more factual stuff in the National Inquirer in the last couple of years than in the real media. Just ask Tiger Woods and The slimeball polititian, John Edwards.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I don't care if they have biblical references. Make a good priduct, and I'll buy it.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by paulosantos View Post
    I remember when the news media used to be about reporting facts. Now, most of the news media is all about entertainment and stirring the pot. I've wondered if Jerry Springer is actually running the news media.

I've read more factual stuff in the National Inquirer in the last couple of years than in the real media. Just ask Tiger Woods and The slimeball polititian, John Edwards.

Bingo. I remember back in the day when the news was news. Now it's all about entertainment and who left who and which famous person did something bad. This was only "news" because it was controversial, not actually news.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Wow as a Christian this makes me want even more ACOGs.
    VA Arms Co FFL/SOT armorer
    certified HK-sidearms/S&W M&P/BUSHMASTER/GLOCK/SIG-Sauer LE/FNH-SCAR armorer
    competitive shooter sponsored by VA ArmsCo, W.A.R. rifles, BravoCoUSA, BCM, Bobro Engineering, Magpul, Magpul Dynamics, Hatfields Gunsmithing and Greeley Custom

Downloads
    Uploads
    I was contacted in an unofficial capacity on this issue, and it came from a group claiming to be for tolerance in the military, or something similar. I'll see if I can find who it is and post their group name.

I guess tolerance is only accepted by some groups if it means being in agreement with them.

I'll run my ACOG with bacon, just to make sure my message is clear.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I am tempted to buy an ACOG even though all my rifles have Aimpoints on them--guess I need another rifle.
    - Federalist22

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Stickman View Post
    I was contacted in an unofficial capacity on this issue, and it came from a group claiming to be for tolerance in the military, or something similar. I'll see if I can find who it is and post their group name.

I guess tolerance is only accepted by some groups if it means being in agreement with them.

I'll run my ACOG with bacon, just to make sure my message is clear.
    They sound real desperate to actually come to gun sites and discuss this. I wouldn't waste my time with them.

Downloads
    Uploads
    No, this was media people that I have contact with who didn't see it as a big deal.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I'm waiting for the news cast that tells a story of how someone saves lives with a firearm or etc. I cringe when I hear that a "gun" story just broke on the TV. You know what's coming....

I agree with you guys here. I do understand the military contract aspect. It just seems like religion always takes a hit in the media...never a good story.

I don't envy Trijicon for having been put in this position. A mile in their shoes...

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quick question. I know the ACOG was all over the media with the serial numbers, but is it just ACOGs that bear the markings or is it all Trijicon products?