Thread: KAC vs LWRC

Downloads
    Uploads

KAC vs LWRC

I have an LWRC M6A3 complete rifle system. Which I am thinking of trading for a KAC SR-15 E3 IWS. Is this a good move? Or should I keep the LWRC? The price of both are the same. I honestly dont know which system is better. Am I crazy for even considering this trade? Thanks
    You can trust to luck or fate if you want but as for me, I carry a Glock.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Both are great firearms. My experience is with my friends LWRC. Took it out of the box,slapped the upper on his Colt 16 lower & proceeded to drop close to 1k thu it in one day.

Everybody loved it & I have no doubt that the KAC would work as good.

I think if you want a KAC, you should get one too, Don't get sellers regret!

Downloads
    Uploads
    Personally, I wouldn't trade a good Piston AR for a good DI AR.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I have multiple LWRC rifles in 5.56 and 6.8 and they all run like sewing machines. Couldn't be happyier with them.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I have both, like both. LWRC is easier to clean. However, I feel the KAC is a better rifle. The URX rail, the ambi controls, and a design goal to support 20K rounds without a major component failure, to me, makes the KAC a better rifle. I feel they are on par with each other in terms of accuracy for most cicrumstances with a slight edge towards KAC. If I was shooting at 300-500 yards consistently I feel the KAC would offer a significant edge. Inside 100 yards, not so much.

I've yet to have a failure with either weapon shooting primarily LC M855 and some match grade ammunition from Black Hills and Hornady. I have yet to hit 1K rounds in either weapon so I can't comment on carrier tilt with LWRC yet, so far so good.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I've got a 5.56 LWRC with 3000 rounds through it, another 5.56 with more than 4000 rounds, a 6.8 with more than 4000 rounds, and two more of their 6.8's with 2000 rounds each that have no signs of carrier tilt. I've got an M6A3 but since it is a recent purchase I only have about 300 rounds through it. No issues with any of them. I've heard some real good things about the KAC stuff, including guys from LWRC's forums, but I have no experience with them. I think both of them will be more accurate than most shooters.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by ryanm View Post
    I have both, like both. LWRC is easier to clean. However, I feel the KAC is a better rifle. The URX rail, the ambi controls, and a design goal to support 20K rounds without a major component failure, to me, makes the KAC a better rifle. I feel they are on par with each other in terms of accuracy for most cicrumstances with a slight edge towards KAC. If I was shooting at 300-500 yards consistently I feel the KAC would offer a significant edge. Inside 100 yards, not so much.

I've yet to have a failure with either weapon shooting primarily LC M855 and some match grade ammunition from Black Hills and Hornady. I have yet to hit 1K rounds in either weapon so I can't comment on carrier tilt with LWRC yet, so far so good.
    Thank you for your insight. Now my only dilema is wether to get the black one or the Limited Tan/FDE one???
    You can trust to luck or fate if you want but as for me, I carry a Glock.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by WileyCoyote View Post
    Thank you for your insight. Now my only dilema is wether to get the black one or the Limited Tan/FDE one???
    I have the tan, its a kick ass rifle. Can't go wrong with either.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Knight makes a very solid product as does LWRCi, the big advantages is Knight is ambi but DI and LWRCi is gas piston but not ambi. Knight is received well in the mil community and LWRCi is getting love from the federal community with their DEA contract. Both are close in value/price. I had a LWRCi and used it for several carbine class and it held up well with low maintenance. Knight is attracting more LEO because of their discount program. I would love to have their 308 AR.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Does anyone know if KAC sells just a complete lower without having to get the entire rifle from them? I think it would be great to run a KAC lower with an LWRC upper.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by WileyCoyote View Post
    Now I'll qualify my following comments by first saying that I really like KAC products...but...

I studied two of their tan rifles at this year's Shot Show...I was very unimpressed with the quality of the coating.

These were show guns, and they had a ton of nicks and imperfections. I can't imagine what this finish might look like after some real hard use.

Stay with black...just my 2 cents.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by barakmd View Post
    Does anyone know if KAC sells just a complete lower without having to get the entire rifle from them? I think it would be great to run a KAC lower with an LWRC upper.
    Yes, KAC now sells the SR15 IWS complete lower for 750.00 as I just purchased one from Wes Grant (MSTN). I have a complete LWRC M6A2 carbine but will slap the upper onto the KAC.
    "In God we trust, everyone else keep your hands where we can see them."

Downloads
    Uploads
    I own a LWRCI A3 and it is a great rifle, but I will also be buying a SR15 at some point after I wrap up my .308 debate.... The KAC is a very well thought out and well built rifle IMHO.