Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Downloads
    Uploads

M&P15T with some new goodies - pics

I received the rest of the goodies I ordered for my new M&P15T (just waiting on a sling to arrive). Magpul CTR stock, a Hogue grip, and a Streamlight tac light. The CTR stock is a definite improvement over the M4 collapsible stock and I really like the Hogue grip too! I also received a Condor Tactical padded soft case earlier this week (much better than the flimsy plastic case that came with the carbine). Here are some pics:

Michigan, unless someone has a better place for me.
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I like what you have going there. I to have a S&W 15T. I have a tactical tailor 3 point sling on it right now that a deputy gave to me, waiting on a Vtac 2 point love that sling. I have a sure fire G2 light waiting on a daniel defense mount. I want to get some XTM pannels, a VFG, an an Eotech. I like the look of the aimpoints but I havent had any experience with them but I use an Eotech on my work gun and love it. anways how do u like ur rifle, I love mine its my first AR and i am definately impressed with it.
    Law Enforcement "It's a Calling and a Passion Not a Job"

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by MILEO440 View Post
    I like what you have going there. I to have a S&W 15T. I have a tactical tailor 3 point sling on it right now that a deputy gave to me, waiting on a Vtac 2 point love that sling. I have a sure fire G2 light waiting on a daniel defense mount. I want to get some XTM pannels, a VFG, an an Eotech. I like the look of the aimpoints but I havent had any experience with them but I use an Eotech on my work gun and love it. anways how do u like ur rifle, I love mine its my first AR and i am definately impressed with it.
    Thanks! I love this thing! This is my second AR though my first for 20 years. My first was a Colt A2 HBAR I purchased in the 80's. Sold it in '88, have regretted doing so since. So far I like the M&P15T more than I did the Colt. It's fun to shoot and more accurate than I am. I definitely like the quad rail with uninterrupted top rail, flip up BUIS, and collapsible stock better than the traditional A2 rifle configuration. I have a two point V-TAC sling and a rail mount QD sling swivel on the way this week - rifle's done after that (well, can't say that with certainty - might want some trigger work in the future. ...and an upgrade to an EOTech or maybe an Aimpoint Micro. ...and a 3x magnifier on a flip-to-side mount. Ok, probably not done after the sling arrives ).

Downloads
    Uploads
    I've added a few things:
    * Magpul XTM rail covers
    * Troy QD rail sling mount
    * Blackhawk V-TAC 2-point sling

Few more items on the way:
    * Primary Arms 1-4X illuminated scope w/ quick release mount
    * Harris 6"-9" swivel bipod & quick release rail adapter

Downloads
    Uploads
    Couple more...

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Deaj View Post
    Couple more...

What kind of scope? And what mount did you go with?

Downloads
    Uploads
    The scope and mount are from Primary Arms. It's an inexpensive scope - Japanese glass, manufactured in China I believe. 1-4X, crosshair reticle with illuminated center dot for low light use. This is my first scope and I intend to use it for recreational target shooting and to find out if a scope will be useful / enjoyable for me. So as long as it will hold zero it'll more than suffice for my intended use. The red dot sight pictured above is also a Primary Arms product. I bought it with the same intention - to find out if a red dot sight would be useful for me / enjoyable to shoot with. The red dot sight is a hit so far - reacquiring a target on follow-up shots is faster and easier than I thought the sight would allow for. It's got me thinking about an Aimpoint Micro / Larue mount setup but I think I'll hold off and see how well the Primary Arms sight holds up. I haven't been to the range since receiving the scope so I cannot comment on it functionally. I'm pretty impressed with the glass for the price though. I'll post a range report after Saturday's visit to the range.

Downloads
    Uploads
    To date I've added a bunch of upgrades and accessories to my very recently purchased M&P15T:
    * Condor Tactical 36" rifle bag
    * Magpul 20 & 30 rd. magazines
    * Magpul CTR stock
    * Magpul XTM rail covers
    * Ergo ladder type rail protectors
    * Hogue ergonomic grip
    * CAA BVG vertical grip
    * Troy Industries low profile QD front sling mount
    * Blackhawk V-TAC two point w/QD swivels
    * Harris lightweight swivel bipod & GG&G rail mount adapter
    * Streamlight PolyTac tactical light and offset rail mount
    * Primary Arms M4 red dot sight & rail mount
    * Primary Arms 1-4X illuminated scope & rail mount
    * #7 O-rinng around upper receiver hinge post to tighten upper / lower fit
    * GI type cleaning kit
    * Laser bore sight

I ordered a few new upgrades this weekend:
    * KNS .034 round ultra fine front siight post
    * Spike's Tactical ST-T2 heavy buffer
    * BCM / VLTOR Gunfighter Mod 4 charging handle
    * Tango Down PR-4 buffer tube mounted QD sling mount
    * Magpul aluminum Enhanced Trigger Guard

The Standard AR front sight post is sufficient for battle use but provides a less than ideal sight picture. I find I'm getting on target more quickly and reacquiring targets more quickly with this new front post. Long range accuracy with with BUIS has improved as well. $6 improvement - sweet!

The Spike's buffer is filled with high density tungsten powder rather than sliding weights. Aside from quieter operation users have noted smoother cycling and less felt recoil. At $30 it seemed like a no brainer.

The Gunfighter charging handle wasn't a must-have but reliable one handed operation without having to move off target seemed like a worthwhile upgrade. The latch has been enlarged and reinforced and the charging handle is stronger as well.

I wanted to add a QD sling mount near the back of the receiver where the buffer tube castle nut is located. The Tango Down by all reports is rock solid, lightweight, and provides, left, right, & back QD sockets.

I had always intended to install a Magpul enhanced trigger guard - just hadn't gotten around to it until today. Works as intended providing trigger access to a gloved shooting hand. Looks good too!

The only thing left to mess with is the trigger. I've corresponded with Bill Springfield about purchasing a worked 4# trigger group from him and I may do this down the road a ways. The stock trigger in my M&P, while heavier, is so good (no creep, crisp and consistent break) that I've no desire to mess with it - even for a lighter trigger.

I need to stop buying parts and start buying target ammo.

It's perhaps a little over the top for a target / plinking gun but it's definitely enjoyable to shoot! Here are some new pics:

Last edited by Deaj; 11 October 2009 at 02:06.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Any range time yet?

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by tac40 View Post
    Any range time yet?
    A few visits to the range with it - 200 rounds so far. Real life keeps getting in the way of having fun though. I'm hoping to make it out to the range this weekend with my son who will more than gladly help me send another 200 rounds down range.

Downloads
    Uploads

Thumbs up

Very nice,and don't let anyone's ( you should have done this....) change your concept of what you think or the choices that you've made. Rember it's all about your idea of what YOU want!!!! patriot
    "you know what i think ... it dont really matter what i think, once that first bullet goes past your head politics and all that shit goes right out the window." -sgt. sanderson s/f.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by rockm4 View Post
    Very nice,and don't let anyone's ( you should have done this....) change your concept of what you think or the choices that you've made. Rember it's all about your idea of what YOU want!!!! patriot
    Thanks! I agree with you whole heartedly. I did a fair amount of research before each purchase with my intended and potential applications in mind. I purchased and outfitted what I believe to be an ideal AR for me and I couldn't be more pleased with it!

Downloads
    Uploads
    Deaj, very nice looking AR! I was curious about the DD QD sling mount and if it allows the CTR to retract flush? I'm looking at the picture and can't tell whether or not the QD swivel protudes. Thanks

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by montgomerygentryFan View Post
    Deaj, very nice looking AR! I was curious about the DD QD sling mount and if it allows the CTR to retract flush? I'm looking at the picture and can't tell whether or not the QD swivel protudes. Thanks
    Thanks!

The QD sling mount clamps around the buffer tube just behind the back plate & around the bottom of the castle nut. Total length extended back from the back plate is 7/8". This eliminates the first lock position for a collapsible stock leaving five positions. The first lockable position will leave a 1/4" of the buffer tube exposed between the front edge of the stock and the QD sling mount. This works out perfectly for me because I never use the shortest locked position for the collapsible stock and I will occasionally use the second shortest position (now the shortest position with the sling mount installed).

I hope that made sense and answered your question.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I just purchased a few of the Streamlight Polytac lights. I am very impressed and won't be buying anymore SF G2s.