Downloads
    Uploads

M4 profile dissipator style question

I'm looking at building a dedicated 22 upper with a 16" m4 profile barrel and am wondering if there is a quality fsb that I can use to put rifle length hand guards on it.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Are you wanting the rifle length handguards or the FSB? or Both?

Downloads
    Uploads
    Most likely a rifle length MOE handguards and if possible some sort of clamp on FSP. I was thinking of picking up a taccom m4 profile 22 barrel but want to make sure I can get that to work first.

Downloads
    Uploads
    As long as you have a handguard cap and delta ring assembly/barrel nut, I don't see a problem with having a Rifle length MOE. You could also have a permanent FSB installed by ADCO. Might be cheaper than trying to find the limited number of options for a clamp on.

Downloads
    Uploads

Downloads
    Uploads
    So that section of the m4 barrel is .750?

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by wsaraceni View Post
    So that section of the m4 barrel is .750?
    Diagrams sourced through a simple google search suggest the diameter for a standard M4 profile is 0.740" fore and aft of the M203 cutout. I have no first hand experience building one of these (and never will), but there are plenty of pics showing an Armalite FSB spanning the M203 cutout on 5.56/.223 dissipator builds - so IF the taccom conforms to a standard M4 profile, it should work. Personally, I would email them to confirm dimensions before purchase if you're concerned.

Downloads
    Uploads
    sounds good. i will email them. i actually read where they posted that their 16" rifles are actually closer to 17" since on the 22, the barrel extends further into the upper, so outside the upper is the same distance.

Downloads
    Uploads
    i suppose what's next is to figure out how the Armalite a2 would work with a flat top upper and a fixed rear sight like a daniel defense

Downloads
    Uploads
    The only way to do a Dissipator with a barrel like this, is to ensure that the area to be pinned is the same as the area where the gas block journal is. That is around .750.