Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: AR-15 Tools

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Quib View Post
    How fast do you need one?

Multitasker Tools has one in the works. Not sure though when it goes into full production, but if heavy duty is what you are looking for, this wrench should fit the bill.

http://www.weaponevolution.com/forum...ench-Prototype
    it's gonna be a while...too many projects already, plus i want to refine the design some more
    Shane
    Multitasker Tools LLC
    info@multitaskertools.com

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Multitaskertools View Post
    it's gonna be a while...too many projects already, plus i want to refine the design some more
    Well Shane, I certainly look forward to the day when you have the design refined, and I can do a review on the newly released Multitasker Armorer's Wrench!!!

Downloads
    Uploads
    Cool.

Iraqgunz was just telling me about some of these tools that Ken was showing him recently.

(He didn't get to see the barrel indexing secret either!)

Downloads
    Uploads
    The 6940 barrel nut tool has been added to the bottom of the first post...
    Specialized Armament
    (480) 940-7397
    sales@specializedarmament.com
    Quality Never Quits!

Downloads
    Uploads

Bench Vise

If you work on AR-15's with any frequency, you really need a good bench vise. In this case, a CNC machine vise. They aren't cheap but there really isn't anything this vise and set of v-blocks can't do well. The vise of choice for me is a Glacern Machine Tool GSV-550. Besides being made in the USA, a few advantages over a typical shop vise are:

• Lower Height - Less leverage to move your bench around
    • Precision Clamping Force - There is no jaw lift to allow fixtures or parts to shift
    • Smooth & Parallel Jaws - No need for pads or clam shells to protect your work

Properly fixtured, the vise or v-blocks will leave no trace of their use. I keep a pack of 3X5 cards around if I feel the need to protect painted parts.

Check out the slide show and you'll see all that it can do...

Click Here to View Slideshow

Downloads
    Uploads
    M. Gale

Who made that RE Nut wrench you are using there?

Boltgun

Downloads
    Uploads
    Specialized Armament M4 Stock Wrench

You'll see two versions of the wrench in the slideshow. I machined off the top on one of my wrenches so it can be used while the receiver extension is fixtured.

Downloads
    Uploads
    excellent thanks...do you notice any additional flex to the machined one?

Boltgun
    Last edited by Boltgun; 16 August 2013 at 09:21. Reason: added comment

Downloads
    Uploads
    Negative... That tool is bomb proof. It's made from 1/4 inch 4140 and heat treated to 40Rc.

Downloads
    Uploads
    would it be ignorant to suggest the DPMS multi-tool? I've built approx 6 AR's including my own and for friends with this tool with no discernable wear to the tool nor slippage on parts. As a multi-tool, I'd say it is "par" for the job. The more detailed tools are sure to be better, but as a seldom used tool, I cant recommend better.

I've been able to completely assemble multiple pieces including barrels, muzzle devices, buffer tubes, etc with this tool. Using receiver blocks in a vice, there have been zero issues.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by ksenter View Post
    would it be ignorant to suggest the DPMS multi-tool? I've built approx 6 AR's including my own and for friends with this tool with no discernable wear to the tool nor slippage on parts. As a multi-tool, I'd say it is "par" for the job. The more detailed tools are sure to be better, but as a seldom used tool, I cant recommend better.

I've been able to completely assemble multiple pieces including barrels, muzzle devices, buffer tubes, etc with this tool. Using receiver blocks in a vice, there have been zero issues.
    For the casual builder, I don't think there is anything wrong with the DPMS tool. I've used mine oer the years with no issue. I've migrated to the Brownells tool however.

Downloads
    Uploads
    If you guys from Specialized Armament are still watching this thread, could you please post some pictures of your standard barrel nut wrench?

Downloads
    Uploads
    No mention of the Brownells CAR15/M4 Buttstocks Wrench? Yeah, it's pricey, but worth every penny.
    -lamarbrog

I sold my Browning High Power because it is a heavy, low-capacity, hammer-biting, magazine disconnecting, stiff manual safetied artifact with uncommon magazines, and it still holds the honored place of being my least favorite pistol I have ever owned.