Downloads
    Uploads

My Mossberg 930 SPX Experience

Just thought I would give my thoughts on a new 930 SPX I purchased on January 11, 2010. I walked into Dick’s and they had a 930 SPX in the rack for $619.00. It was the only one they had so I inspected the gun for the quality issues listed on this and other forums. Front sight seemed to be straight, no dents in magazine tube, trigger housing assembly was slightly loose but it seemed that every review mentioned a loose trigger assembly so I’m thinking by now this must be the norm. Purchased the gun $657 out the door and after a good cleaning, another point listed on different forums. Give the gun a good cleaning before taking it to the range. I’ve been to the range three times putting a total of 150 / 160 rounds through the gun without having one malefaction. I’ve shot high brass hunting loads, low brass dove loads, slug’s and 00 buck.
    The only problem I had was my fault. After cleaning I would go outside and with the gun pointed in a safe direction, safety on fill the magazine tube with 7 rounds and manually cycle the shells through the gun. I think I did this to be sure the magazine spring or follower was seated correctly. After a few times doing this the seventh shell I loaded would not feed. If I removed one shell the remaining would feed just fine. I thought I’m starting to have feeding issues just like some I’ve been reading about. Must be the spring is to long or maybe the follower is getting canted in the tube, maybe the shell latch is bent or a burr. What is wrong with this gun that it will not manually feed a full magazine tube?
    Remember the 7 shells that I manually run through the gun after cleaning seems I was recycling the same shells over and over leaving small dents on the brass base causing burrs and some to go slightly out of round, than with the pressure of the compressed spring would cause the last round loaded to get hung up.
    I now keep the gun Home Defense ready with 5 shells of 00 buck in the magazine tube, chamber empty, safety on. Why don’t I load 7 in the magazine? Good question , maybe because a box of 00 buck have five, maybe because I should be able to stop the bad guy with five 00 buck. Any way I hope my stupidity will help someone who maybe having a feeding issues. As I said in the beginning of this post. The gun functioned perfectly with every shell I have SHOT through it. I think it's a great gun.

Downloads
    Uploads

Mossberg 930 SPX

That's funny that you said you had five 00's in the mag and safety on, Im rocking same setup but have six 00's as I bought them by the box of ten..lol. I put a NCStar reflex sight on mine with a UTG barrel/mag clamp with laser and light. Not sure why yours is having that problem, I can ghost load eight with the 00's or nine with the target load. ~J.C.