Downloads
    Uploads

CTR friction lock seems to do nothing now.

Has anyone ever experienced the friction lock on a CTR to stop working the way it should be? What I mean is the movement with the lock disengaged is the same as when it is. I've taken the stock apart and examined the locking panels and they appear to be doing what they are supposed to be doing, but once assembled I cannot tell it is engaged.

Granted this little movement isn't a whole lot and I can live with it, but it is frustrating since I might as well have gotten the MOE stock or something similar. My CTR is a commercial sized if that matters any.

Thanks.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Commercial receiver extensions (RE) are across the board with their size. Did this CTR used to work on your RE?

Downloads
    Uploads
    yeah it used to work, not 100% stoppage, more like 95%, but the RE is from magpul that came in a kit with the CTR, buffer and spring. I got it without paying attention to the mil-spec/commercial sizing since it was the only one in stock that I could find when I got it.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Could one possibly add some thin tape along the slot channel deally (you know what I mean) that the stocks clamp on to? Thin tape or something, just to add a little friction.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Sounds to me like the friction material may have worn down beyond contact. How long have you owned your CTR stock, and how often do you use it? This might give the rest of us some 'potential' insight to the life of CTR friction pads.

-rebelEMPIRE

Downloads
    Uploads
    http://magpul.com/supportcontacts.html

SUPPORT CONTACTS
    CUSTOMER SERVICE

Phone: 1 877-462-4785
    Fax: 303-828-3469
    Email: orders@magpul.com

TECHNICAL SUPPORT

Phone: 1 877-462-4785 (Option 4)
    Fax: 303-828-3469
    Email: techsupport@magpul.com

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by niner View Post
    yeah it used to work, not 100% stoppage, more like 95%, but the RE is from magpul that came in a kit with the CTR, buffer and spring. I got it without paying attention to the mil-spec/commercial sizing since it was the only one in stock that I could find when I got it.

When did you buy a CTR with everything direct from Magpul? I thought only dealers were doing that....

Downloads
    Uploads
    I didn't mean I got it direct from magpul but the kit was a magpul kit, I got the kit from PK firearms.

I haven't used it too much since I am still building the gun up. I have only used it to see how is fits for both me and my wife so far.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I have a similar experience and this is what I did.

REAR view

FRONT view

Using a piece of paper as a guide cut a strip long and wide enough to fit in the grooves of the CTR ( found this technique while taking pictures for clarity since it maybe hard to see the plastic that I used ). I'm using a MOE stock but I did the same thing with the CTR. This will be better than taping something in the tube since the groove will prevent the plastic sheet from moving around. Plastic sheet used was from a shoe insole packaging .

Hope this helps.

L.U.I.S.

PS: Hope the pictures are not too big for the forum.
    Last edited by L.U.I.S.; 11 February 2010 at 23:01.