Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Stage (CMT) has replied that their extensions are extruded 7075.

This might turn out to be something else added to the Chart.... could even be two rows, one for forged/extruded and one for 7075/6061. I would rank them in order as
    1: forged 7075
    2: extruded 7075
    3: anything 6061 (although I don't imagine anyone is going to bother forging 6061)
    WWW.TACTICALYELLOWVISOR.NET

Downloads
    Uploads
    Yes, this sounds like a good addition to the chart. Good to hear that Stag has given information on this, and I am curious to hear other manufacturer's claims. It is a little bitter sweet, because the guns that I have built, use CMT extensions. I guess it could be worse.

Next question: has anyone ever seen a failure, or a breakage of a receiver extension, regardless of method of construction?

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Jimbo45 View Post
    Next question: has anyone ever seen a failure, or a breakage of a receiver extension, regardless of method of construction?
    These are usually the result of an extraordinary impact of some kind. I've seen one pic on another forum where some nut was testing some gadget for impact and he chucked the rifle up and broke the MIAD and the commercial RE.

Another SME on one site noted the 3 that he had seen break.

Usually the RE rips out of the lower due to the threads on the tube being out of spec. (correct pitch, but too short)

Downloads
    Uploads
    Any info on Vltor RE's? BCM?

Downloads
    Uploads
    How about Larue?
    I'm going to get Vltor or Larue.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Does anyone know of any mil spec 4 position REs? CMT? Some websites don't state how many positions they have.
    Dustin

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by pezboy View Post
    Does anyone know of any mil spec 4 position REs? CMT? Some websites don't state how many positions they have.
    Dustin
    I just ended up with CMT 5 pos REs on some of my guns. The old Colt 4 Pos RE's were commanding too much money IF you could even find them.

I run the older "N 1" Colt stocks on them and there's no issue. I just have an extra position.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by markm View Post
    I just ended up with CMT 5 pos REs on some of my guns. The old Colt 4 Pos RE's were commanding too much money IF you could even find them.

I run the older "N 1" Colt stocks on them and there's no issue. I just have an extra position.
    5 will be fine. I recently got one that I thought would be 4 or 5 position and it has 6. There are way too many adjustments and they are in different places than my other rifles.
    Dustin

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by markm View Post

Hmmm. All 5 of the CMT tubes I have, are 6 position. Are they making them 5 now?

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by 223nbecker45 View Post
    How about Larue?
    I'm going to get Vltor or Larue.

Vltor machines their own, no idea who makes the other.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Does anybody have experience with the D.S. Arms Mil-Spec tube? GTG?

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by ColdDeadHands View Post
    Does anybody have experience with the D.S. Arms Mil-Spec tube? GTG?
    I am curious about this also, as I have several. I know one thing - they are ever-so-slightly tighter on my E-mod than the VLTOR tube, but that isn't a problem since I don't generally adjust the length anyway, and I love the absence of rattles.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I went with the BCM Kit

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by rob_s View Post
    Working on finding out. Armalite was the only one that had it on their website. I believe that DSA also uses 6061 but am not certain.
    Can anyone verify the DS Arms mil-spec extension tube is made from 6061? I just put one on my carbine, and now I'm concerned.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I have a newer DPMS carbine and it came with a commercial extension. I am not all that mechanical - can I replace the existing extension with a milspec variety?
    "Destiny is not a matter of chance, it is a matter of choice; it is not a thing to be waited for, it is a thing to be achieved."
    - Winston Churchill