Downloads
    Uploads

What Tactical/Long Range .308 Lower Receiver are you using?

What Tactical/Long Range .308 Lower Receiver are you using?

I'd like some personal opinions and/or reviews on your .308 lower receiver. Who manufactured your lower? how does it do at the range/in the field? What type of ammunition works best with it?.. Overall performance type of information.

I'm looking to purchase a .308/7.62mm lower, and frankly I want to "measure twice and cut once". I was interested in a larger caliber platform that has better velocity/stopping power than a .223/5.56mm. I plan on using it at the range/my property for 200-600yd target. I don't have enough money to flat out purchase an entire rifle, but I have enough to drop around 400 bucks on a lower receiver for a future build.

I lack experience in this category but I do know DPMS and ARMALITE seem to be dominant in the .308 market. I've heard POF and CMMG have a reputation for quality parts also. I'm looking for a quality lower that will last me a while, and can take a beating. DOES LWRC or Noveske make a stripped lower? I know those are used mostly for tactical situations, but I can't help myself from floating towards consistancy.
    A ship without Marines is like a garment without buttons.
    -Admiral David D. Porter, USN

Downloads
    Uploads
    http://www.rainierarms.com/?page=sho...product_id=823

POF 308 stripped lower

http://www.rainierarms.com/?page=sho...anufacturer=89

Iron Ridge 308 stripped lower

http://www.rainierarms.com/?page=sho...roduct_id=1187

Noveske 308 lower

I had the chance to handle all 3, including the LWRCi and the new LMT 308.
    I like the finish on the Iron Ridge, LWRCi and POF. I don't think LWRCi sell stripped lowers.Tough choice to make, how much do you want to spend? I beleive AR Performance is making a 308, Harrison from ARP is on this website and maybe able to conform this. Good luck.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I love my LR308 24" bull target gun. It took about 40-50 rounds to break in using lots of lube. After that, it's eaten everything. For $1k out the door of my local shop, I'd highly recommend.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I built mine on an Eagle Arms (Armalite offshoot co) AR10 lower. Though it hasn't given me any problems, if I could do it over again I'd go with the SR/LR/DPMS system as the mags are way cheaper. I have 10 Armalite AR10 mags and for the same amt of Magpul .308 mags could've used the remaining money on something else.

Wish I would've went with Iron Ridge.