Downloads
    Uploads

Wilson Combat Tactical Trigger Unit (10,000 trips of the trigger)

Wilson Combat has jumped into the aftermarket trigger world, and has made a pretty big splash in doing so. They are a name that is well known for quality, and they've dominated the 1911 world for a long time.

Will a Wilson Combat (WC) trigger for the AR15 platform be as impressive as their 1911 triggers?

There is more to a trigger than the feel, and I'm willing to guess the team at Wilson Combat knows that better than most. A trigger needs to be durable, reliable, and dependable. Three words that have similar meaning, but are targeted for different goals.

This segment is going to concentrate on the first impressions of the trigger. I've already shot pictures showing the installation process, and we will complete a writeup on that at a later date. For right now, I'll be brief and say that the trigger comes in a blister pack/ polymer packing container. Its straight forward, and to the point ( I hate paying for a pretty package that goes straight to the garbage). Directions for the installation are included, and the installation guide can also be downloaded in a PDF from their website.

The Tactical Trigger Unit (TTU) is well machined. First looks for my single stage model show a light gray, clean even surface for the trigger and hammer. The housing is a deeper color, and even in appearance. Feeling around with prodding fingers reveals no slop or play. The TTU is a self contained drop in trigger pack, which means you are sliding the trigger pack into place without any adjustments or parts to come loose. The trigger and hammer pin lock the housing down without the need for additional parts.

The installation guide from Staff at WEVO will show the installation, but I can say now that its a simple process.

At this point I have 200 trigger actuations though the TTU. I've seen other triggers that were nice at the start, but by 200-500 rounds, they were slipping and doubling. Its not a lot of trips of the trigger at this point, but what I've felt is a trigger that is dialed in, and without play or grit.

Thats it for now. Check back as we will update this as soon as possible, and will be getting this into the hands of both LE and MIL shooters.

In the mean time, check out the Wilson Combat website for more information.

http://www.wilsoncombat.com/ttu.asp

Downloads
    Uploads
    1550 actuations currently. At the 1,000 mark, I spent a good deal of time trying to feel if there was any change or slip. Most of the triggers that have had issues have had them within the first thousand rounds, so I wanted to check carefully. No problems of any kind, the hammer has done what it is supposed to. The half cock feature is a nice safeguard, but its never been used at this point.

I'll update more as I continue to trip the trigger over here.

Downloads
    Uploads
    2600 trips of the trigger currently, and at the 2,000 mark once again I spent a good deal of time working the reset, and trying to determine if there were any issues or slippage. At this point, the trigger continues to function perfectly and I have zero issues to report.

I'll update more after I get additional time in with it.

Its worth noting that several other people have had a chance to play around with this trigger. None of these were people who would consider themselves single stage trigger fans. I found it interesting that everyone has liked it, and the largest issue anyone has had is that they would make it slightly heavier for duty use on their own weapon. This can obviously be accomplished, but it speaks volumes that some of these people were not dead set against the trigger in general.

The largest question continues to be long term durability, which is where we are headed with this.

Downloads
    Uploads
    3875 actuations currently of mixed live and dry fire. I'm going to try to push it over 5,000 by the end of this weekend. Other triggers that have had issues have developed them long before this point. I want to push past 5,000 with zero issues before I'm willing to make a solid recommendation of the TTU.

Downloads
    Uploads
    We are well over 5,000 actuations of the trigger, and my goal is not to push to 10,000. There is nothing negative to say about the trigger at this point, and I have solid confidence in both its reliability, and consistent trigger feel.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Roughly 8,500 drops on the hammer, but other people have been using it so its hard to lock an exact number in. No reported problems of any kind. I'm going to see if I can dryfire this 1,500 times and get this review done and over. I can see no problems with this trigger.

Downloads
    Uploads
    While anticlimactic, I think we are done with the testing of this trigger. It will continue to get used in various training courses, and as part of my own personal lend lease program to LE and MIL that I work with, but we are at or over 10,000 drops of the hammer on this TTU, and it feels the same to me now as it did when we started the test. There have been ZERO problems, no slipping, no doubling, no issues of any kind.

For any trigger, I take durability first, and feel second. This trigger works well in both categories, and I feel I can recommend this trigger pack to anyone who is looking for a crisp, clean, single stage trigger that will last.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Wilson Combat® & Scattergun Technologies™
    2234 CR 719
    Berryville, AR 72616

Order Toll Free: 1-800-955-4856
    Technical Questions: 1-870-545-3635
    Fax: 1-870-545-3310

Office Hours: Monday - Friday, 8 AM to 5:30 PM CST