Wilson Combat has jumped into the aftermarket trigger world, and has made a pretty big splash in doing so. They are a name that is well known for quality, and they've dominated the 1911 world for a long time.

Will a Wilson Combat (WC) trigger for the AR15 platform be as impressive as their 1911 triggers?

There is more to a trigger than the feel, and I'm willing to guess the team at Wilson Combat knows that better than most. A trigger needs to be durable, reliable, and dependable. Three words that have similar meaning, but are targeted for different goals.

This segment is going to concentrate on the first impressions of the trigger. I've already shot pictures showing the installation process, and we will complete a writeup on that at a later date. For right now, I'll be brief and say that the trigger comes in a blister pack/ polymer packing container. Its straight forward, and to the point ( I hate paying for a pretty package that goes straight to the garbage). Directions for the installation are included, and the installation guide can also be downloaded in a PDF from their website.

The Tactical Trigger Unit (TTU) is well machined. First looks for my single stage model show a light gray, clean even surface for the trigger and hammer. The housing is a deeper color, and even in appearance. Feeling around with prodding fingers reveals no slop or play. The TTU is a self contained drop in trigger pack, which means you are sliding the trigger pack into place without any adjustments or parts to come loose. The trigger and hammer pin lock the housing down without the need for additional parts.

The installation guide from Staff at WEVO will show the installation, but I can say now that its a simple process.

At this point I have 200 trigger actuations though the TTU. I've seen other triggers that were nice at the start, but by 200-500 rounds, they were slipping and doubling. Its not a lot of trips of the trigger at this point, but what I've felt is a trigger that is dialed in, and without play or grit.

Thats it for now. Check back as we will update this as soon as possible, and will be getting this into the hands of both LE and MIL shooters.

In the mean time, check out the Wilson Combat website for more information.

http://www.wilsoncombat.com/ttu.asp