Downloads
    Uploads

POF Roller Cam Pin Upgrade Kit

POF Roller Cam Pin Upgrade Kit
    I've started a review on this item. The first question that came to mind was if this is a solution in search of a problem? I can't recall the last time I saw a cam pin fail. The riveted construction also concerns me. I'll be working on getting some rounds through it starting tomorrow.

Downloads
    Uploads

Roller cam

Was wondering the why for this item myself. Is there drag on the inner receiver and where. I have never observed or thought to look for this . Nor have I heard of or read of malfunctions of this part. The rivet does look weak. What happens when this fails and flys thru the receiver, moving bolt, trigger group? Proper PM of a weapon aside things fail. The M14 has a roller for bolt function . Wears good but needs replacemant periodicly . Looking forward to your results.

Downloads
    Uploads
    The only failures I've seen of cam pins on ARs are just snapping down where the big whole in the middle where the FP goes. Nothing on that end. It does seem like a solution looking for a problem.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I believe that POF was trying to reduce the wear seen on the inside of the upper receiver. The wear in question occurs just to the aft of the recess (on the insed left) where the cam pin rests with the bolt in battery. This seems to be a more noticeable thing on Piston driven systems. The fact that they have added it to the gas driven line in my opinion, is a marketing ploy and you need a relieved gas key to use it.

That being said I have one in my Piston driven upper. The first thing you notice is a MUCH smoother action as you pull the charging handle back. So far I only have a few hundred rounds through it. The rivet worries me as well but time will tell and I am going to put a 1000 or more rounds through mine here in the next few weeks as I practice for the MGM Iron-man coming up in June. is this a solution to a problem that does not exist? I don't know if I would say that yet. A smoother functioning gun is always a good thing.

This will be a wait and see kind of thing.

IPSC_GUY
    SIERRA II ALPHA