Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
    Downloads
    Uploads

AR-15 Spare Parts Storage

Quib's post:

http://www.weaponevolution.com/forum...ead.php?t=1690

Has prompted me to bring this up. I am working on organising my "Man Cave", and building a dedicated firearm cleaning/building/maintenance work station, and I'd love more info on what everyone's using for storing miscellaneous spare parts.

Quib's setup is gorgeous, and I'd love the details on that, especially how he made the labels and where the jars came from. My OCD forces me to organise as such. Labels = Awesome.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I use plastic tackle boxes. They work fine for storing spare parts. I dont have anything in jars though. Quib is just extra OCD I guess. haha. I think you can buy those little jars online though.

Downloads
    Uploads

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Stickman View Post
    Dude you are sick!

Downloads
    Uploads
    A plastic tackle box and a Lower Parts Kit (LPK) or two is a good start. Throw in an extra bolt and a few bolt parts, and you are on your way to a great setup.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I've got a box from a Magpul stock full of left overs and take offs from other projects, and a bolt core in my MOE grip with the main bolt parts...

I should swing by Fleet and get a decent box and organize things.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I have a similar box as Stick's I bought at OSH. The first level is for all the tiny parts, and the deeper lower level is for the bigger pieces like pistol grips, d-rings, barrel nuts, muzzle brakes/flash hiders, etc.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Stick, that is righteous.

I've been eyeballing something like this that I can mount to the side of my wall-locker, which rests next to the workbench I'm working on:

Then again, I may just go the tackle/tool box route...especially considering I have a drawer big enough for several of those boxes, that currently houses nothing but manuals...
    Last edited by Navigating Collapse; 4 March 2010 at 14:17.

Downloads
    Uploads
    LOL......OCD huh? I call it attention to detail.

The parts box I use is actually part of a case with two such boxes. One case houses my spares, the other my cleaning gear. The top contains my armorers tools.

The clear containers once held avionics connector pins, I’ve collected them over the years from various employers. Similar containers can be had if you search using Google.

ETA: The labels are nothing more than Avery Labels which can be purchased just about anywhere. Microsoft Word allows you to print on the various labels available.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Quib View Post
    ETA: The labels are nothing more than Avery Labels which can be purchased just about anywhere. Microsoft Word allows you to print on the various labels available.
    This...is awesome, mostly because it means I can print the labels in the same font I use for my stencils.

I'll try my best to see what I can do to hunt down similar bottles.

Stick, what sort of box are you rockin'? I went to Lowe's, HD, and The 'Mart, looking tonite, and couldn't turn up anything worth a damn.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I stumbled upon this forum looking for Pencil barrel builds. Long and behold I find this great thread regarding Spare Parts Storage. I had to post a picture of my storage. Quib & Stickman, I like how you organize. I put mine together last year right before I took my first Magpul Carbine Course. BTW, I got my parts storage container at The Container Store. Quib, I like your smaller containers. Need to find something like that.

Last edited by Seagrave7; 4 March 2010 at 21:22.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Seagrave7...Looks like you have the identical storage box I use. The adjustable dividers come in real handy.

Navigating Collapse...I can’t believe your search turned up nothing. Lowes usually has these types of storage boxes right at the front of the store where the garage organization things are displayed. WalMart usually has them in two places, Sporting Goods and back around the Hobby/Sewing Department.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Where is a good place to get all the small parts for an ar at a good price or am i gonna have to buy a bunch of lpk's to get what i need plus a bunch of extra grips & various other things that i would add different components too ?

Downloads
    Uploads
    This is an old photo and the box is rather empty as shown, but this is what I use to go to classes and the range. It's usually supplemented by a tackle box stuffed full of other parts.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Navigating Collapse View Post

Stick, what sort of box are you rockin'? I went to Lowe's, HD, and The 'Mart, looking tonite, and couldn't turn up anything worth a damn.

Navigating Collapse try this:

http://www.containerstore.com/shop/g...s?viewAll=true