Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Quib View Post
    Seagrave7...Looks like you have the identical storage box I use. The adjustable dividers come in real handy.

Navigating Collapse...I can’t believe your search turned up nothing. Lowes usually has these types of storage boxes right at the front of the store where the garage organization things are displayed. WalMart usually has them in two places, Sporting Goods and back around the Hobby/Sewing Department.
    Negative. I've noticed that different stores in different areas carry different items. For instance, near me there are TWO Wal*Marts within 4 miles of each other. As an example, one store carries one type of pegboard & hooks, and the other carries a totally different type. It's pure craziness.

I did find a Plano box at Lowe's, but they only carried one model, and three of the four on the shelf were cracked.

I did a search, and The Container Store has two locations near me, both in the two Ritziest areas of Atlanta. Next time I'm visiting the in-laws, I need to check 'em out.

Downloads
    Uploads
    You could also check out IKEA, thats where I got mine

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Sak007 View Post
    Where is a good place to get all the small parts for an ar at a good price or am i gonna have to buy a bunch of lpk's to get what i need plus a bunch of extra grips & various other things that i would add different components too ?
    I originally started my spares inventory by purchasing the various spares sets offered by Bushmaster. Then over the years, as components get swapped out, or other weapons get built, my spares inventory increased. One habit I like to try and keep up, is when I order something online, I’ll toss in a few smaller items with the order as well.

My spares kit doesn’t support an agency at the range, as in the example Stick has above. But, it comfortably supports the few AR’s I own.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I would recommend the snap lid plastic boxes that are the more common approach pictured then the wall mount bin that you were considering. Having used those bins previously they are usefull if you are regularly accessing the items contained inside (patches, qtips, etc). I don't like them for longer term storage of specific small pieces because they are not very secure, not moisture proof, and I have had the whole drawer fall out when I just try to open it. Think about picking up all those little pieces from every corner when the drawer falls.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I'm just getting started but here's the box I found at Walmart;

Still looking for small containers like Quibs has.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by ColdDeadHands View Post

Not exactly the same but close :

http://www.nalgene-outdoor.com/store/detail.aspx?ID=973

Downloads
    Uploads
    thanks for the link. I just wish they had measurements in the description. I might have to order one to make sure it fits in my box.

Downloads
    Uploads

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by ColdDeadHands View Post
    I'm just getting started but here's the box I found at Walmart;

Case in point! After visiting three different Walmart stores, NONE of them had those. I did find a Plano box that looked decent today, but I wasn't quite ready to bite on it.

Quote Originally Posted by GraphiteBrawler View Post
    100% Weapons-Grade Awesome. Thank you for finding/posting that. I'll give it a shot. I've had good experiences with the small Nalgene bottles for backpacking odds 'n ends.

Downloads
    Uploads
    No Problem, I'm a Mountaineering, so i've been using those to carry Chili powder and salt for years. Nalgene actually has a pretty huge selection of almost any size and style container you could ever want, a lot of people just think they make those bottles!

Downloads
    Uploads
    A little Google search revealed a site which sells exactly the type of small plastic containers I use for parts storage.

Measuring what I have here in hand, it appears that my containers are Caplug No. CVV-35.

http://www.caplugs.com/productdetail...mno=CVV+SERIES

Link to the Mfgr's web site: http://thorntonplastics.com/

Downloads
    Uploads

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quib, you are the man. First the killer cleaning threads, and now this.

FWIW, I can NOT, for the life of me, find the screen/mesh basket though. I found a small one (6"x9") but the only pans I can find are 9"x13".

Downloads
    Uploads
    I don't want to drag this thread off into another topic, but maybe this can help track down the wire mesh basket.

Downloads
    Uploads

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by Quib View Post
    I don't want to drag this thread off into another topic, but maybe this can help track down the wire mesh basket.
    [threadjack]

Thanks, explains what my problem has been: I've been looking in the office-supply section of Walmart.

[/threadjack]

Downloads
    Uploads
    This is how I keep up with my small parts: