Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Devilpig,

That’s a sharp set-up you have there. I like it! Very organized!

Downloads
    Uploads
    Devil pig....WOW... great great set up

Downloads
    Uploads
    Devilpig, well done. Time to bring home the label maker from work.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Thanks guys...I like it...I have pretty much every small part you could ever need for an AR in there....but I do have stuff I need to add.

I'm also about to make an AR field armorers kit in a similar setup in another ammo can. But I won't be using the same trays.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by devilpig View Post
    Thanks guys...I like it...I have pretty much every small part you could ever need for an AR in there....but I do have stuff I need to add.

I'm also about to make an AR field armorers kit in a similar setup in another ammo can. But I won't be using the same trays.
    If my rifle breaks during the Zombie invasion, i'm finding you.

Downloads
    Uploads

Thumbs up

Where did you pick up the ammo box organisers/trays?

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by GraphiteBrawler View Post
    If my rifle breaks during the Zombie invasion, i'm finding you.
    Haha, well the kit still has a ways to go...but it's coming along nicely. I still have some spare parts I need to supplement it with.

Quote Originally Posted by Navigating Collapse View Post
    Where did you pick up the ammo box organisers/trays?
    I believe they came from Cheaper Than Dirt. IIRC they were around $20 for the set of trays.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Devilpig is correct they sell them at cheaper than dirt.

Downloads
    Uploads
    The small containers were bought at http://containerandpackaging.com/

If anyone needs part numbers I will be happy to provide them.

They sell a boat-load of different sized containers and I have looked through just about all of them. Unfortunately I couldn't find a container that would fit a bolt carrer or bolt really well. So I picked up some paintball tubes (tubes with the green caps in pictures I posted). They hold firing pins, dummy rounds, etc pretty well and will work fine until I find something that fits the parts more closely.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I apologize for the crappy cell phone pic.

With spring right around the corner, my local WalMart is now stocking up on fishing equipment. They have quite an assortment of storage boxes for those looking to start a spares inventory.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I love containers....maybe it is a sign of OCD or at least hyper-anal retentiveness....but you can't have too many around.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by devilpig View Post
    I love containers....maybe it is a sign of OCD or at least hyper-anal retentiveness....but you can't have too many around.
    I’ve used them in one form or another my entire adult life.

In the military we used various storage containers in garrison and in the field. When I was working as an aircraft mechanic I used them in my toolboxes to hold various small tools. At home I use them out in the shop/garage, to organize small items for around the house, or for storing hardware.

I’ve been meaning to work on my AR stores/cleaning box, by “shadowing” the top portion used to keep my armorers tools. I have the block of foam, I just need to find the time to sit down and start.

Downloads
    Uploads
    For whatever reason, the last time I went to look for containers at wally world they were running pretty low on anything that looked usable.

I just happened to run across these trays and thought Id try them out.

My plan as of now is to make a separate can for tool storage. But I did originally think about trying to find a box that I could use for storing both tools and parts. I think there are merits to both keeping them together and separate.

I guess I'll just have to use it some and see what works.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Edited: Let's keep this on topic please.- Quib

Downloads
    Uploads
    Here’s a shot of my set-up. The two containers for cleaning and spares can be separated from the whole unit. I just toss the entire unit in the back of my truck when I head out. If I need it, it’s there.

Back at home on the bench in the shop, it has its place on a shelf. I can pull out and set on the work bench which ever section I need whether it be for cleaning or for parts.

I’ll post more pics of the entire set-up after I complete the “shadowing” of the tool section.