Downloads
    Uploads

Condor Tactical Jackets

Are the condor outdoors jackets any good. I was looking at buying a TAD ranger hoodie but just cant get my self to spend that kind of money on a jacket.

Downloads
    Uploads
    If you want a knock off the of a US company jacket that has cheap zippers, it should serve that purpose well.

For light wear as a casual jacket, it might be ok with the above things in mind.

Downloads
    Uploads
    That just answered all my questions stick. Thanks, now I just gotta keep the gf from finding out that Im buying that nice of a jacket!

Downloads
    Uploads
    Haven't had any problems with the zippers on mine.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Yeah, I am a dealer for Condor, and I use it for all my LEO patrol duties.

It is not Tactical Taylor, London Bridge, ETC, but it will serve you well for anything stateside unless you are on a full-time SWAT team kicking in doors every day.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I like sticking with names like Mountain Hardwear, ArcTeryx, North Face... though I did get a tan 5.11 Saber jacket for Christmas that's holding up pretty well over here.

If you're Mil/LE email Mountain Hardwear about deals.

Downloads
    Uploads
    It's not miltary, but i've been an amateur mountaineer for 7 years, and a professional one for 3, and in terms of Jackets, i've never run across anything better then Mammut. I have a few Mammut Softshells that have literally been to icy russian hell and back multiple times.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I've often found Commercial gear more comfortable and better made.

Hell the issue NSW cold weather issue is made by Patagonia! The Boat guys get issued Mountain Hardwear.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I believe the TAD jacket is worth it for what you get. It's a really good jacket.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I have the Condor fleece and SS hoodie and they are good for casual wear and have served me well during the cold season. Great price for a decent off-shore product but the materials are no where near Arcteryx quality. They do run a little on the small side so you should go a size up when ordering.
    "In God we trust, everyone else keep your hands where we can see them."

Downloads
    Uploads
    Consider where the jacket is made, material used, the need & use and overall quality before making a selection. You can go to the warehouse store and pick up a jacket on the cheap. If you buy quality, small things such as your jacket zippers not binding, back of the jacket not wearing out from your baclpack or the whole jacket wearing out after 1 years use at training or use in hiking/camping trips, then you'll realize you should had spend a bit more money for quality. TAD Gear, Arc'teryx, or Mountain hardware are some of the well made jackets out there. Good luck in your selection.

Downloads
    Uploads

Re: Condor Tactical Jackets

TAD Gear isn't as good as they use to be. My TAD Gear jacket has some wrist velcro problems. My older one does not have the same issue.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryo View Post
    TAD Gear isn't as good as they use to be. My TAD Gear jacket has some wrist velcro problems. My older one does not have the same issue.

I'm working with one of their fleece now for a Military Times review, and I've been impressed so far. Well built, fits great, solid selection of materials. I've found the zipper to stick a little, but that is about the worst thing I cam come up with.

Downloads
    Uploads

Re: Condor Tactical Jackets

Quote Originally Posted by Stickman View Post
    I'm working with one of their fleece now for a Military Times review, and I've been impressed so far. Well built, fits great, solid selection of materials. I've found the zipper to stick a little, but that is about the worst thing I cam come up with.
    Here's the only part I am unhappy with my TAD Gear jacket.

This separation probably happen due to the materials not taking very good with the adhesives.