Downloads
    Uploads

Quality Rail Mounted Accessories

My son has purchased a Springfield Armory SW 40 XD with a 4inch barrel. I want to get him a birthday present and was thinking of buying him a quality light or light/laser combo. He uses his weapon for home defense and range shooting activities and has mentioned he would like to purchase a light and laser combo. Any suggestions on what to purchase? I am only interested in high quality equipment but my experience is limited. Any suggestions appreciated. Thanks.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Streamlight and Surefire are probably the top end for pistol light/laser combos. I have a Streamlight TLR-1 (no laser) with the C4 led and it's amazingly bright (much brighter than the basic Surefire G2 incandescent on my rifle... need to do something about that...) Great battery life too, but again, no laser on mine.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I run Surefire, but i get it for free, so i'm biased. But i've never had an issue with their equipment ever.

Downloads
    Uploads

Downloads
    Uploads
    The Streamlight TLR1 is a quality light at an affordable price. The TLR2 version comes with a laser as well.

I was so pleased with the TLR1, that I purchased two units. One is mounted on my carbine, and the one pictured below, mounted to my XD9.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I also run a TLR-1 on my Glock 22.
    Very happy with it.

A friend has had the TLR-2 on his XD 40 for several years.
    Very reliable.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I have a TLR-1 on my shotgun. It's a great light and very tough. They also now have one with strobe capabilities.

Downloads
    Uploads
    +1 for the streamlight TLR-1 series I purchased mine through brightflashlights 352-732-2156 talk to Kevin he has great insight when it comes to lights and the best prices I could find.
    -BC

"I would never have a 7.62 as my primary home defense weapon. I mean by all means if I'm cleaning a 7.62 and some d-bag busts down my door I'll give him a bad day"

Downloads
    Uploads
    I may just swap out the G2 for one of the new strobe TLR-1s on my carbine.